This tutorial covers the body of the doll. If anyone wants a pattern/tutorial for one of the pieces of clothing I’ll try to post it. Here’s the pattern:http://goofypic.com/r/a2uff6/7
The front hair piece is not included because I improvised it.
1. Cut out pattern pieces. The pattern doesn’t include seam allowance, but when cutting mine I used a highly scientific method commonly known as ‘eyeballing it’ to determine allowance, so I can’t specify how much to add. For the parts you need to appliqué, especially the front of the bra, add extra allowance. This is also the time to alter the pattern by changing hair style, ear shape, shoe type, sock length ect.
2. Appliqué and embroider all of the pieces that need detailing. This includes attaching the F head to the F body (using the brown line to guide for placement), adding the facial features, shoe straps and buckles, underwear, belly button, straps of the bra, bra clasp, bow on the underwear, and sock decorations. You can add or subtract as many details as you want. Try to make sure the bra straps and underwear line up!
3. Sew the shoes to the socks (B to B, F to F) then sew one side of the socks to the other (B to F, on what will become the outer side of the leg when everything is turned right side out) and sew the two sock parts to the thigh parts. The legs should look like reflections of each other at this point. Also sew the upper edge of the shoulder (the rounded part) on the arm piece.
4. Sew the outer edges of the shoulders and the bottoms of the hips just a bit. You’ll need to do this so that you can sew on the arms and legs. This is kind of hard to explain, but basically you lay the arm piece over the shoulder so that the edges of the arm piece are at the armpit and the seam of the shoulder is at the place where, when cutting out the arm piece, the fold in the fabric was. Sew on the legs the same way, so that the edges are at the crotch and the fold is at the hip seam.
5. Now sew from the tips of the fingers to the armpit to the hip and repeat on the other side. Then go from the toes to the crotch to the other toes. Sew from the shoulder to where you attach the ear to the face and repeat on the other side. Turn the doll inside out.
6. Sew the back of the hair to the back of the head and either A) To have exchangeable front hair pieces sew it on fire. Attach Velcro to the forehead and the back of the front hair pieces or B) To have a permanent front hair piece sew the front piece it to the front of the face and then close it. Done!