A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 315,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
254 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: UK crafters?  (Read 28553 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

witchybelle4u2
I am the terror that flaps in the night...

"I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2005 03:20:44 AM »

I'm a Welsh girl.

Ok, ok, not really. I'm from America but the locals say I can be honourarily Welsh since I married a nice Welsh boy. We're in South Wales near Newport.

Why aren't there more craft events in the UK?? Is anyone going to the craft show in Cardiff in November?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Careful...there are occupational hazards to being a god." (The Transcendent Pig)
SteveS
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2005 09:04:15 AM »

My wife (who actually does the crafting) and I are in Suffolk.  Apart from Do Crafts demos, there's not much in the way of events round here, either Smiley  That's why we use the internet so much  Cheesy

Steve Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lau
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2005 10:54:07 AM »

I'm in Bath, but am actually an Essex girl....  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seampoints
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005 03:26:03 PM »

Hey, I'm in Bristol. So not too far away from you Lau
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lau
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005 09:59:56 AM »

Hey, I'm in Bristol. So not too far away from you Lau

Yay! Bristol's ace, I go through there a fair bit. A really inspiring city, with loads of art n craft (and design - I'm a graphic design student) going on. Much better than Bath, it's pretty but kind of boring. You ever go to the shop/gallery called "here" on Stokes Croft? It's very cool, and I believe run by a fellow Craftster....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lau
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005 10:04:43 AM »

Oops, just read the other "South West" thread, and see that you mentioned 'here'!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seampoints
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005 03:00:11 PM »

As it happens. I live opposite the "Here" shop, above the Croft. I was thinking about seeing if they need more volunteers, I'm pretty sure that the people who work there don't actually work there. Plus, its a real asset to the area and I'd like to support it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
manukenkun

I'm learning...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2005 02:31:26 PM »

PLEASE COME AND VOLUNTEER!!!!
we are crazy fools and none of us get paid for what we do at here- which may explain our shambolic nature at times!
We've actually got a volunteers meeting on Tuesday at 6.30 if you want to drop in and say hello.
You have no idea how much it makes me smile to see all these people I don't know (at least I don't think I do) mentioning our little shop- I think i'm going to have a little cry now at how wonderful the world is...
or maybe not
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.madebymilla.com

Handmade vintage inspired clothing and cards
Lau
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2005 04:20:31 AM »

As it happens. I live opposite the "Here" shop, above the Croft. I was thinking about seeing if they need more volunteers, I'm pretty sure that the people who work there don't actually work there. Plus, its a real asset to the area and I'd like to support it.

<jealous>

Being that near must be really good cause it's totally the kind of place to pop in and see what's new. It's a bit more of a mission from Bath, as it's competing with my boyfriend's Forbidden Planet desires....  Grin

manukenkun, your shop is amazing! Thanks to all of you volunteering to run it, because cities need stuff like that. If only to keep me sane after half an hour in Forbidden Planet.....  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seampoints
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2005 11:31:08 AM »

PLEASE COME AND VOLUNTEER!!!!
we are crazy fools and none of us get paid for what we do at here- which may explain our shambolic nature at times!
We've actually got a volunteers meeting on Tuesday at 6.30 if you want to drop in and say hello.
You have no idea how much it makes me smile to see all these people I don't know (at least I don't think I do) mentioning our little shop- I think i'm going to have a little cry now at how wonderful the world is...
or maybe not

I probably will come along to that. I've got quite a bit of freetime at the moment so spending a bit of that across the street is not to big a deal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Welcome Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...