A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 321,372
Currently Running With Scissors:
261 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Raspberry & Chocolate Soap  (Read 2643 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Rainbowendings
« on: November 07, 2010 06:26:29 PM »

This came out smelling absolutely delicious smelling. I wish it was edible! I used it with the MP Goats Milk Soap from Bramble Berry and the Raspberry Porter & Hot Chocolate fragrances also from the site. I LOVE how it came out. So smelly good.... *grins*

Here's a photo of the before, and a slice from after. Smiley Was just testing it out so it wasn't a huge amount I made - but I will definitely be trying this again later with Strawberry scent with chocolate, and maybe some of the other ones I have. So delicious.

'

Edit: And does anyone have a better way of cutting soap besides a knife? :\ I have a block of 25lbs of Goat Milk MP soap, and I have the hardest time cutting away pieces to use. And even with little pieces. A lot of the soap I see on here is cut really nicely... so I was wondering what ideas you have or what you use?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010 01:02:54 AM by MareMare - Reason: edit title » THIS ROCKS   Logged

No swaps currently in progress. Smiley
OPEN FOR PERSONAL SWAPS

WistEtsyBlog
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010 11:55:43 PM »

Looks good!

You can buy a mitre box at a hardware store and that makes slicing straight pretty easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love to cook, have an overflowing pantry, or want to save a little money on your grocery bill?
Join the Pantry Challenge Cookalong!

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
Rainbowendings
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010 12:13:37 AM »

That would work for the smaller ones, but I also have a giant block of MP soap from Bramble Berry... xD I can't figure out how to cut it ;_; and it's driving me crazy. I tried a knife, but it took FOREVER still. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OPEN FOR PERSONAL SWAPS

WistEtsyBlog
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010 12:51:57 AM »

You mean just to chop pieces off to melt down? I've never found a really good way Sad Some people use a wire but I haven't been able to find or make one that had good enough grips on the end so I could use it very effectively. I pretty much just hack at my giant block until I get enough off. Maybe someone else has a good idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love to cook, have an overflowing pantry, or want to save a little money on your grocery bill?
Join the Pantry Challenge Cookalong!

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
mumma troll

Happiness is the harvest of a quiet eye.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010 05:33:43 AM »

That looks good enough to eat. I wish we could smell the nice stuff over the internet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rainbowendings
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010 09:18:06 PM »

So, hacking it is... xD I thought about the wire idea - but alas I have no idea about grips. Might have to try some stuff out. I have realized that a block of soap will break a steak knife... hahahahahaha. Go figure. Tongue

and yeah, I wish we could smell stuff over the interwebs too. Smiley cause the soap smells so good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OPEN FOR PERSONAL SWAPS

WistEtsyBlog
dog lover
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010 09:36:03 AM »

Looks and smells delicious.           Okay, I used a bit of imagination with the smelling part:) grins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lvl0rg4n
lvl0rg4n says Morgan

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010 03:32:56 PM »

What about getting some of the wire cutters people use for cutting clay? Or those cheese slicers that are wire?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Valledaisy
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010 10:26:17 PM »

If you plan on making more and more soap that way and need to cut it you could always buy a Pizza Cutter the kind that is one long blade with two handles they work great for cutting large projects like that. I use one for cutting fudge and chocolate bars and such from my 16 x16 pan I paid $20 for mine online about three years ago and really it was worth it. I make homemade pizza a lot and it's great to have.

Love the soap ... it was like I could almost smell it. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All you need is Peace, Love and a little bit of imagination.
RavingRosemary

Beware the weasel....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010 06:14:10 PM »

Love the swirls!  I've never had any luck with clay wire, to be honest... I just go at it with a big sharp knife--a winning approach in any craft project.  Grin  Bet it smells great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

English Major Soaps! on Etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/englishmajorsoaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Happy Hobbit Day!
@Home This Weekend: Garden Painting
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...