A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
431 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: pick me up swap gallery  (Read 33849 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2010 06:36:14 PM »

Now...I'm afraid you should put on some sad music...The last item did not survive the vigorous treatment of Can. Post.

It was a tentacle memory stick.  But no worries really.  The stick survived AND it has a silicone cover, so I can make a wee cuttlefish Mem. Stick!!.  I'm actually supper excited about it.  I'm planning and will make it the day after I finish my current swaps.  Thanks for the super tiny Mem. Stick!!

I'm so sad that it broke! I worked so very hard on it, it was my favourite piece! I'll send you two tiny plushies to make up for it. Also, the monster got a little squished too, but it looks pretty okay. I'm glad that you like the rest, it being only my second swap I'm still getting into the swing of things, maybe I should just not send things that are breakable  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2010 06:45:34 PM »

Just a note to everyone: I'll start giving out feedback come Monday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2010 06:54:03 PM »

Now...I'm afraid you should put on some sad music...The last item did not survive the vigorous treatment of Can. Post.

It was a tentacle memory stick.  But no worries really.  The stick survived AND it has a silicone cover, so I can make a wee cuttlefish Mem. Stick!!.  I'm actually supper excited about it.  I'm planning and will make it the day after I finish my current swaps.  Thanks for the super tiny Mem. Stick!!

I'm so sad that it broke! I worked so very hard on it, it was my favourite piece! I'll send you two tiny plushies to make up for it. Also, the monster got a little squished too, but it looks pretty okay. I'm glad that you like the rest, it being only my second swap I'm still getting into the swing of things, maybe I should just not send things that are breakable  Undecided
Breakable stuff is hard Hun.  I'm all ways surprised at peeps when they mail really fragile stuff.  But I love it all!  And I really do get it's the thought that counts.  You might try stealing toilet paper rolls from the dorm bathrooms for some things heheheh.

I wish I could have glued it back together too....but Canada post is harder on things it seems then the US is...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2010 08:08:20 PM »

For those that are curious, I'll post below what the USB drive looked like before Canada Post had it's way with it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2010 09:04:42 PM »

For those that are curious, I'll post below what the USB drive looked like before Canada Post had it's way with it.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/goingoffthedeepend/IMGP5820.jpg
It's so nice to see the before Ryn!  And your an Angle for thinking of uping the other swap.  Like I said, I'm very happy with the drive it's self...though now tha ti see the original I sure wish it had lived Grin
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010 10:33:44 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
spidermom
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2010 10:16:00 PM »

that is so cool!  what a bummer it didn't make it   Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ramblings-- http://friendlyneighborhoodspidermom.blogspot.com/
more stuff--http://www.pinterest.com/spidermom78/
radiationbaby
Lady Marmalade, the Duchess of Spreadable Treats

doing it all, doing it badly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2010 10:18:11 AM »

Holy crap, everything here is so pretty and awesome that I'm starting to worry a little about the package I sent out!  Shocked

@Ryn and suereal :  major condolences on the tentacle stick.  It's really a bummer that there's no way to kick the postal services in the rear for messing up like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, it's just kittens.

I want to leave this world the way I came into it:  naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2010 11:38:22 AM »

Wow, what great, creative packages.  You can really tell people cared about making their partner happy.  Smiley  And could that little 'soot' be any cuter?  I think not.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
spidermom
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2010 01:46:24 PM »

received an AWESOME package from grimmscreed today!!!!

first, this gorgeous hoop!  the color combination is so perfect and the stitches are just lovely <3  this will be hanging right in front of my face in my craft space so i can see it all the time  Grin

and this adorable needle felted frog!  he makes me feel so warm and fuzzy...i collected frogs as a girl and haven't had a new one in years  Smiley  he's hanging out with some supplies here...not sure yet where his permanent home will be!

maybe with the doctor who toys?

...maybe not...oh well...he'll find his home!!!

thank you so much grimmscreed, receiving this package from you has really been a boost and i love them so much!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ramblings-- http://friendlyneighborhoodspidermom.blogspot.com/
more stuff--http://www.pinterest.com/spidermom78/
rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2010 03:43:03 PM »

I received! Will post pics later!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius
pinterest.com/artisticgamer
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...