A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
163 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: BC... like the West Kootenays?  (Read 1127 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 22, 2005 11:08:38 AM »

Is there anyone here that's in BC - the West Kootenays. Near Castlegar, Nelson, Trail, Cranbrook, Salmo areas?

I'm looking for information on any sorts of craft fairs or groups that are around here. Also maybe some crafting friends or something? I have no friends left in town so I hang with my boyfriend and family and that gets kinda old. :p

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
spinster
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005 11:57:25 AM »

hey krysta
right now i live in halifax, but i'm moving to nelson in the spring (my husband's going to selkirk).
i'd love to hook up if you're still around then!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005 12:49:08 PM »

Oooh awesome. Cheesy I work at Selkirk in Castlegar!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
spinster
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005 05:24:37 PM »

woohoo!
i love the kootenays- although i only lived there for about 5 months in 2000 (in kaslo)-it's just so gorgeous.
do you live in castlegar? i haven't spent much time there- just the airport and a trip to town for a tea while i was waiting.
i am also thinking of going to the fibre arts program at KSA - what do you know of it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005 06:24:47 PM »

Kaslo rocks, I just love it there. I just love it anywhere around here... the only thing that sucks is having to go to Kelowna to get to a major shopping center!

Yep, I live in Castlegar - born, raised and bread Castlebushian. Cheesy

I don't know much of the KSA courses yet as we haven't fully merged KSA with Selkirk yet, but I know KSA is really popular for artisans - quite a few of the students there have gone on to greater things! I just read in the paper today that a former student is taking a coffin shaped pool table to the Playboy mansion as the top prize for a contest this weekend! It's his third time being invited to the Playboy mansion! Cool huh?!

Anyway, if you're into doing stuff like that, the teachers and classes at KSA have gotten great reviews, its the only thing around here like it. I would do it if I could get into Nelson every day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around
Meatless Monday: Cinnamon Pecan Scones

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...