A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
151 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sewing lessons/help me! (Vancouver)  (Read 1160 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

hot-tub
« on: May 21, 2005 09:16:59 PM »

Hello!

Here's the 411. I'm not a very good sewer, but I know the basics and I can make handbags/ simple skirts. I was wondering if anyone knows a good place to take sewing lessons in the city.

I have one problem however, and that's my schedule is really all over the place and I'm going away for most of June. This summer I'm not sure how much I'll be around. So, what I'd ideally like is to have someone teach me a few tricks of the trade! I don't have very much money, so I'm looking for someone who I could make a deal with!

Ideally I'd love a sweet little old lady to teach me, but I'm not holding my breath on that one!

Someone mentioned the roundhouse had good courses, has anyone taken one? I know seamrippers does sewing workshops, but I'm looking for something more ongoing then just a single lesson on making underwear.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starpiste
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005 02:38:30 AM »

I'd look into the Continuing Ed courses the Vancouver school board does. They're usually 8 weeks and reasonably affordable.

I know they do have a website but don't know what it is. They also send papers around when it's registration time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bridgetbarcode
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005 09:12:27 AM »

I typically work in film and theatre...so my schedule too is a little erratic, but if you'd like I can help you work through some projects at my home studio....I'm sure we can work something out so it's affordable..ie barter, swap, show up with a fancy cofee Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally I got with the ETSY program!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5074140
badgerkitty
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005 10:36:54 AM »

heya hot-tub,
did you look into the Vanc School Board courses? i might for spring, also Van Comm college might have some (other than their fashion program) - the flyer just came this week.

any progress on making undies? i want to make some like these cute la senza ones i have that have hearts and pink lace, but before you gag, they are super cute/hot as they are low in the front but fuller boy-style in the back, make anyones a$$ie look pretty good.

hopefully i can trace and make a pattern..not too blessed with sewing skills,,..

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around
Meatless Monday: Cinnamon Pecan Scones

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...