A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is super awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 314,797
Currently Running With Scissors:
360 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: radioactive theme party ideas?  (Read 3664 times)
Tags for this thread: party_planning , radioactive  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

macgirl_k
« on: October 15, 2010 05:21:53 PM »

My friend wants to have a radioactive/biohazard themed halloween party. I looked online and besides using the radioactive symbol everywhere there were not really any ideas. Does anyone have any ideas I can make or buy to make this party look cool? I already bought some black fabric and fluorescent paint to spray the symbol everywhere. Then we were going to have black lights on that. I'm doing the decorations and that's all I have so far. Thanks for any ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aislynn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010 10:11:30 AM »

You could get some plastic tarps (clear ones?) and splash them with paint to look like spilled chemicals/slime/blood.  Hang them haphazardly, or drape them on the ground.  You can get caution tape in most party supply stores this time of year.  Also, things like how food is displayed can make a difference.  If there's a buffet table, you could set up canisters of "hazardous materials".  Like the traditional potion bottles, but use chemistry type stuff.

Also, I know you're looking for decorations, but I have an idea for an activity as well.  Are you familiar with poi spinning?  You could make cheater poi by tying glow sticks to shoelaces, and have an amateur competition.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
Cherrylime

I have sewn for the cows and they were pleased.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011 01:33:56 PM »

Mountain Dew and anything made with tonic water should glow under backlight so that opens up some great decor opportunities with the drink table. Blue Curaao is said to glow as well, haven't personally tested that though.

There's many slime recipes online - some nice, oozy slime in thrift store vases and bowls would look great.

For more ideas try googling "mad scientist party" - I had a MS party last year and while ours was more steampunk, most online ideas I found were more toxic waste themed. Good for you, not so helpful for me at the time. Smiley

For supplies, American Science and Surplus is your cost-effective friend. Lots of fantastic labware for all your party needs!

Have a fantastic time with this party, it sound like a lot of fun! If I think of anything else I'll add to these ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Home Depot is my happy place.
My Pinterest
Currently obsessed with cables and quilts
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Cupcake Bath Bombs
Rainy Days
Meatless Monday: Semlor aka Swedish Cream Buns

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...