A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
286 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Frankie Says 'UUGGGHHHHHH'" Dress from T-Shirt (PIC HEAVY!)  (Read 20766 times)
Tags for this thread: frankensteins_monster , reconstructed_from_teeshirts , tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
shaoono
Shantastic!

Shantastic!=)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2010 02:38:14 PM »

I absolutely love this. Not gonna lie i totally ran to walmart to steal the idea... but when i got there i also found the awesome jack o  lantern, werewolf and skull one too! and since i found this a day after Halloween the shirts were only $1.50! so of course i bought one of each.. i couldn't pass that up even though I had already blown my whole paycheck on discounted Halloween stuff! ( hey it only comes once a year right).. I may be making matching dresses for me and my friends next year =) by then we will all be 21 we may just have to hit the town! I'm super excited... hehe thanks so much. now if only I can do it right!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010 02:38:56 PM by shaoono » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiveNLearn
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2010 01:48:50 PM »

So cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eventually all the pieces fall into place until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason..
knowiexist
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2010 04:08:55 PM »

That shirt makes such a cute dress!  I love reconstructing guys shirts into cute girly ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vermiciousknid
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2010 11:01:05 AM »

Soooo cute! Might have to make a stop into Wal-Mart on the way home...

And perhaps an inappropriate question: is that a tattoo or scar on your leg? Either way it's beautiful!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RenDuH

Let's go ask Mr. Beardsley. MISTER BEARDSLEEYY!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2010 09:58:09 AM »

I absolutely love this. Not gonna lie i totally ran to walmart to steal the idea... but when i got there i also found the awesome jack o  lantern, werewolf and skull one too! and since i found this a day after Halloween the shirts were only $1.50! so of course i bought one of each.. i couldn't pass that up even though I had already blown my whole paycheck on discounted Halloween stuff! ( hey it only comes once a year right).. I may be making matching dresses for me and my friends next year =) by then we will all be 21 we may just have to hit the town! I'm super excited... hehe thanks so much. now if only I can do it right!

Oooo, awesome!
Yeah, I saw the Jack-O-Lantern, werewolf, and skull ones too, but I fell in love with the Frankie one  :3  Plus, they sold out SUPER QUICK, so by the time Halloween was gone, all my WalMart had was costumes (but they were 90% off, so I got two tutus for $0.50 each!! Cheesy)

So cute!

Thank youuu!! Cheesy

That shirt makes such a cute dress!  I love reconstructing guys shirts into cute girly ones.

Thank you so much!  So do I, lol.  Whenever I get a free t-shirt from something, if given a size option, I always ask for a really large one so I can recon it  Cheesy

Soooo cute! Might have to make a stop into Wal-Mart on the way home...

And perhaps an inappropriate question: is that a tattoo or scar on your leg? Either way it's beautiful!  Cheesy

Thank you! Cheesy
And no, not inappropriate, lol.  It was actually a henna tattoo.  It's upside down in the picture ('cause I drew it on myself), but it was originally a twisted old tree in a graveyard.  In the picture though, you can only see the (upside-down) tree  :3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Master of all things spelling and grammar related.

.:RenDuH:.
oohmybees
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2010 12:18:28 PM »

I love what you did with this shirt and I was soooo inspired that I rushed right out and bought that shirt and the orange one with the pumpkin.  The Frankie shirt is currently laying in a heap on the floor and is a partial failure, but the orange one turned out great.

I need an action shot, but you get the idea.  This shirt was a 2X, which is pretty much my size, I had to splice in some extra fabric on the sides (from the sleeves) and add some black knit, some tie dye knit and some other striped scraps, but I do have a fun finished dress that is less figure hugging than yours, but more exciting than just a plain shirt.

Thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RenDuH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2010 09:57:52 AM »

I love what you did with this shirt and I was soooo inspired that I rushed right out and bought that shirt and the orange one with the pumpkin.  The Frankie shirt is currently laying in a heap on the floor and is a partial failure, but the orange one turned out great.

I need an action shot, but you get the idea.  This shirt was a 2X, which is pretty much my size, I had to splice in some extra fabric on the sides (from the sleeves) and add some black knit, some tie dye knit and some other striped scraps, but I do have a fun finished dress that is less figure hugging than yours, but more exciting than just a plain shirt.

Thanks for the inspiration!

You're very welcome--I love how yours turned out!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

McAnaraks
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2010 03:05:09 PM »

fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

veganpea
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2010 05:48:27 AM »

Love this dress! Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RenDuH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2010 09:36:54 AM »

fantastic!

Thank you! Cheesy

Love this dress! Well done!

Thanks!! ^__^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...