A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 314,823
Currently Running With Scissors:
282 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Loop-d-Loop"  (Read 63423 times)
Tags for this thread: shawl , wrap , shrug  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

so soon
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2005 08:38:40 AM »

I just finished the one-shoulder tunic! I bought this yarn to make the steek vest, but it worked much better for this pattern.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010 07:57:13 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

selling shoes, knitting sweaters
http://www.anothershopgirl.blogspot.com
Meet me on Ravelry. My profile: shopgirl
waterpolocathy
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2005 09:49:41 AM »

that is SO amazingly gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thisonegoesupto11
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2005 10:03:33 AM »

so soon, that's beautiful!  i love the color.  i've been wanting to make that top but i wasn't sure how it would look on me since the model is flat as a board and i'm not.  but yours looks great so maybe i'll try it!  what yarn did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dramageek
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2005 04:54:46 PM »

So I ordered the Knitpicks Panache for the Lace Leaf pullover, and it is absolutely gorgeous - so soft, and the color is wonderful. Sadly, though, I don't think it's going to work for the sweater. I could have sworn that it called for a gauge of 3 stitches to the inch, but when I went back and reread the pattern, I realized that the gauge is actually 2.5 stitches an inch. The Panache label states that gauge is 3-3.5 stitches an inch. Oops. I played around and sort of got gauge on size 13 needles, but I don't like the resulting fabric - too floppy. Bummer. I'll use the Panache for something since I adore the color, but I would have loved this sweater in that yarn.

I went to School Products yesterday looking for something to use, maybe some Lamb's Pride Bulky. Well, I found the Lamb's Pride to be too itchy and stiff, and I didn't like any of the colors. When I mentioned to the sales girl that I was obsessed with a sweater from Loop d Loop, she immediately knew it was the green one with the leaf :-)
She steered me to an unlabeled merino-cashmere blend that seems a bit stiff initially, but they have a washed swatch there and in becomes unbelieveably soft and thick once it's washed. So I bought a skein to play with in a beautiful foresty green, and it looks like I may have found a winner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frozen_peas
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2005 05:22:28 PM »

I just wanted to post a quickie regarding the very first project (the tank):
Anyone seen Matrix/MR/MR? Because

the movie's "real world" costumes are just like this! Color, raggy-look, and all. This is an ok pics, but yeah. More reference, if you feel like looking. Links, because I felt like I was already pushing it with the biggish pic:
http://milkplus.blogspot.com/matrix%20ship.jpg
http://www.scifi.sk/Matrix/archiv/photos/trinrags.jpg

I didn't read the whole thread, so if anybody has already made my (random and mostly pointless) point, sorry!

Great work everybody on everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MMMmmm... summer.
so soon
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2005 08:30:07 PM »

I used OnLine Linie 15 "Orlando" that I bought from Elann.

Here is the link http://secure.elann.com/productdisp.asp?NAME=ONline+Linie+15+%2D+Orlando&Season=&Company=&Cat=ALLY&ProductType=5&OrderBy=&Count=56

I used size 11 circulars, and the gauge was just barely smaller than sugessted. The width of the finished garment was about 1/2" smaller than described in the pattern.

One problem though- what to wear underneath? I think I'm going to have to get some pasties before I wear this outside my apartment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selling shoes, knitting sweaters
http://www.anothershopgirl.blogspot.com
Meet me on Ravelry. My profile: shopgirl
daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2005 05:35:28 PM »

Here's my finished ballet t-shirt to add to this thread.

Ta da.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
linda63pt
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2005 06:14:51 PM »

Here's my finished ballet t-shirt to add to this thread.

Ta da.
Looks great!  What size did you make?  I was confused for the size said 28.5 " chest for the largest size!  That is a little bit small to me for an adult! What yarn did you use?! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2005 08:26:43 PM »

thanks linda63pt!  Smiley i made the small/med size.  the fabric is very stretchy so keep it in mind when trying to figure out which one to make.  i am a 36B/borderline C.

Oh and I used the yarn that was recommended in the pattern, Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece.  I used the color Pinkaboo.  The yarn is good stuff.  Feels awfully nice, especially for cotton.  Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2005 09:57:05 PM »

wow, that is so pretty, especially with the necklace!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Holiday Lantern
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Danish Heart Basket
O, Christmas Tree

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...