A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 314,258
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Loop-d-Loop"  (Read 62676 times)
Tags for this thread: shawl , wrap , shrug  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

cqgirl
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2005 08:44:41 AM »

Prunille: I have yet to see LdL  Sad , so I'm not sure how she has the ballet sweater in there, but I quickly perused my IK pattern for you, and here is a bit of the sleeves instructions: I think you could just keep extending the existing sleeves until they measure 4", then there is 1 dec at both sides of center underarm  (ssk, k2tog)-work 5 rnds even. repeat 6 rows 4 times (this is pretty much the same for all sizes), work straight until sleeves measure 15". Then there are a few k1f&b increases to shape the cuff and that's it Smiley .
onemorehour- your sweater is gorgeous! I haven't liked the shaping in the center until I saw yours. Thanks for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2005 10:02:22 AM »

thanks so much for that !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
gillian_houghton
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2005 01:41:53 PM »

Oh, wow. That is so beautiful.
-Gillian
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dramageek
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2005 10:15:33 PM »

Oooh, great thread. I've had this book for a while (got it as a gift from my secret pal!) but have yet to make anything from it. I love the ballet top, but cap sleeves do me no favours - I had completely forgotten that the long sleeved version was published in IK!

I think my first project from the book itself will be the lace leaf pullover - Knitpicks has a new cashmere blend yarn called Panache that looks like it will probably be pretty close gauge-wise. The balls are small - only 68 yards - so I'll need 10 or 11. At $6.99 a ball it won't be the cheapest thing ever, but the yarn sounds really luscious and it comes in awesome colors!

Hmm, now that I think of it, Panache might be a good bet for the ballet top as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2005 03:28:07 AM »

Oooh, great thread. I've had this book for a while (got it as a gift from my secret pal!) but have yet to make anything from it.

Now THIS is a cool secret pal ..!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
shara
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2005 07:51:03 AM »

it is awesome - can you send me the mods?
thanks!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

Another twenty-something knitter with an attitude.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2005 08:46:00 AM »

WHAT is the secret pal thing, I so want in on that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heide
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2005 04:08:09 AM »

WHAT is the secret pal thing, I so want in on that.

Secret Pal is a swap thing for knitters/crocheters.  Everyone gets assigned someone to spoil, and then someone different spoils them.  It runs over a 3-month period, you can send little stuff monthly or more often, or one big package at the end, or whatever you want.  The gifts (incl. shipping) should total a minimum of $50 and can be yarn or anything at all that's knitting related or is something your pal would like (candles, treats, anything at all).  When the 3-month session starts up, you post answers to a big-ass questionaire on your blog so your spoiler gets a good idea of what you'll like (having a blog is a requirement for joining). 

They're taking sign-ups for Secret Pal 6 right now at http://secretpalsix.blogspot.com/ (deadline is Sept. 3).

It's a lot of fun -- go sign up STAT!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Illanna24
Enemy of moths

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2005 11:48:00 AM »

Hi! Somebody e-mailed me to get the modifications for the hybrid Steek Tank that I made (in the first post of the thread). I forgot to write it down and now that months have passed, I don't really remember much. Here's what I do remember:

First, it's actually a mix between the "Yoke Vest" and the "Steek Tank." I didn't use the ballet tee pattern at all. Another thing I did was hold 2 worsted weight yarns together to get gauge.

Basically, you cast on the number of stitches the pattern calls for in the Yoke Vest. You proceed to make the shaping in the front and back as the pattern calls for. Then, once it measures about the same as the ribbing from the steek tank, you begin to substitute the steeks from the steek tank for the shaping in the yoke vest. From then on, you are working on the steek tank.

The sleeves came from the Yoke Vest. Once you get it long enough (I made mine extra long), you begin the sleeve shaping from the Yoke Vest while continuing to make the YO Steeks from the steek tank.

Hope that helps!

Illanna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shara
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2005 11:52:00 AM »

awesome - thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Suit Jacket Purse
Best Friends

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...