A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Page protectors or not?  (Read 2409 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
BioChickiee
I'm easily satisfied with the very best

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2005 12:03:35 PM »

i love the idea of having page protectors because it keeps everything together, but then you cant really have any demension to the page or have little pull outs etc. I was wondering how many veteren scrapbookers use the page protectors since they usually come already in the scrapbooks when you buy them.  Have  you had any problems not using them? thanks for the input.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theatregirl25

I'm not weird, I'm creative!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005 02:02:48 PM »

I use page protectors. I finally figured out how to use them with interactive elements, like pockets and windows, I just use and exacto knife and cut a slit for a pocket element, so the card or tag can come out, and cut the window the same as the door on the page. Hope that helps.

Angela
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth."

http://crafty-theatre-girl.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theatregirl25/
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005 05:54:43 PM »

I use them.  If i didn't my pages would get all ripped and tattered, the page protectors well...protect them.  Of course, all of my pages tend to be flat...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
auburngirl
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005 05:57:25 PM »

I use page protectors.  I cut them to accomodate pull-outs and such.  I think that you can buy deeper protectors, but I don't know where.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning."
               -Albert Einstein
Aria
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005 07:07:45 AM »

I use page protectors, but then I prefer either post bound or three-ring binder style scrapbooks where there would be no way not to use page protectors... I just don't like the uneven way straphinge books lay along the strap...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BioChickiee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005 08:21:01 AM »

i think they do make page protectors for post bound, i just bought some at acmoore.

thanks for everyones help
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BioChickiee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005 08:25:05 AM »

and i was just looking at another post and there was a link to scrappingwithstyle.com and they sell the 3 ring binder protectors

http://store.scrappingwithstyle.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2598
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005 03:57:55 PM »

Wow, thanks for the link!  Using three ring binders would be alot cheaper than buying the big albums, plus you could buy the ones with a clear cover and decorate the front!  Awesome!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
Aria
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005 06:37:48 PM »

Just realize that three ring binders from the office supply store may not be archival/acidfree/whatever - if you use good page protectors, it may not really matter... it also depends on how "archival" paranoid you are - I'm a librarian so I have a good deal of "it better be safe for my photos" - sometimes too much of that urge, lol! (actually though, I'm getting my own baby pics out of a magnetic album, but I'm so attached to the album from my childhood that I'm going to put the good pages back in - I figure inside the page protectors, with maybe a blank page at the front and back to keep them from touching anything but the metal rings - they ought to be safe enough =)

also of course if you want to use 12x12 paper the regular binders won't work - but sometimes I think 12x12 has been overrated - I do both...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BioChickiee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005 06:29:01 AM »

at michaels they have really nice leather scrapbooks that have the 3 rings and are made to hold 12x12 paper and they also sell three ringed blank pages in black or white, archival to go in them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: School Spirit Wreath
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...