A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 319,830
Currently Running With Scissors:
201 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Refashioned T-shirt into Peasant Top  (Read 10843 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

MissCraftyFingers
« on: September 18, 2010 09:15:02 PM »

I have so many huge souvenir t-shirts which I have never worn and kept for years and years some even more than a decade. Tongue

Today, I finally did something about one of them. Cheesy

This was what I had a Stanford t shirt I got from work many years ago which Ive never worn because the shoulders were way too big, sleeves too long and the neckline was ridiculously tight.

I saw this tutorial http://obsessivelystitching.blogspot.com/2009/08/dollar-store-shirt-to-peasant-top.html online and decided to give my t-shirt a makeover. I tried sewing it for 2 days with my Brother BM 3600 sewing machine. It didnt work. My Brother sewing machine just wouldnt shirr! What a POS! I was so annoyed. Then today, I decided to give it a try on my moms old antique Flying Man sewing machine and it shirred beautifully. HURRAY FOR ANTIQUE SEWING MACHINES!!!!

I have a pile of t-shirts waiting to be refashioned now! Smiley SmileySmiley Do you think I can wear them out? LOL.

Blogged at: http://misscraftyfingers.wordpress.com/2010/09/18/refashioned-t-shirt-into-peasant-top/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SkyyAngel
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010 10:05:04 PM »

This is so cute. Smiley I also have trouble with shirring on my Brother machine (LS-1217), so I feel your pain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eyeofra
Crafty McCraftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010 12:00:05 PM »

Cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewing-green
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010 07:51:58 AM »

That is super cute! Great idea, I've not seen that done with a t-shirt like that before. Gives it a little flirty, feminine look! Nice job.

Kathleen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reuse, Recycle, Refashion!

http://www.refashionology.com
NavyBlue4Eight

If it wasn't for this anchor...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010 05:50:30 PM »

How cute!  I have a huge plain navy blue t-shirt I would love to try this with.
Thank you for the inspiration.

Bless you SkyyAngel!  I thought I was the only person on craftster that owned the Brother LS-1217.  It's good to know there's someone else out there plugging away on a base model machine...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JoleneRenae
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010 06:37:13 PM »

This is so cute! I like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SkyyAngel
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010 09:09:14 PM »

Bless you SkyyAngel!  I thought I was the only person on craftster that owned the Brother LS-1217.  It's good to know there's someone else out there plugging away on a base model machine...

Kiss *blushes* Well, actually I just got a MAJOR upgrade. :O My Brother was running rough since I've had it sew all manner of things for about 12 years now with no actual maintenance. I was going to take it in to my authorized fixing place nearby but they went out of business and closed up shop like a week prior. The closest place is now an hour away and I'm not sure how much it would be to fix it.

Soooo... my mother bought me a Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 30 as a graduation gift. <3  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gooberts

Gooberts.etsy.com

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010 07:17:16 PM »

thanks!!!! I loved this so much I ran to go try it!! Here's mine:

here's my friend in her new shirt! She babysat for me - so I made her a fun recon!! Thanks Carmen!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010 08:28:14 PM by Gooberts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Because I said sew!!

WATCH OUT PROJECT RUNWAY...I'm coming to getcha...
tamratoo
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010 09:08:34 AM »

I followed the tutorial, so mine came out as more of an off the shoulder version. I noticed that yours has the sleeves cut differently than what the tutorial shows, so I am going to try it again. But I still like this one. It will be cute with a tank top under it. And this shirt has hung in my closet unworn for years. I think it will get a little wear now.
Thanks for the idea!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tamratoo
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010 03:33:50 PM »

My husband liked the first one so much that he went and raided his closet for t shirts for me to redo.
So now I have a one of a kind Cowboys top and a super cute skully.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Crochet Knotted Head Wrap
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Pipe Cleaner Mouse
December 13, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...