A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
190 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Psychedelic Striped Skirt and Rose Pin  (Read 5996 times)
Tags for this thread: skirt  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
percyrosemont
Albatross to myself alone

Albatross ... DUCK!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010 10:22:35 AM »

I usually go for a more elaborate type of clothing like your shirt but the crispness of the white and black lines go so amazingly well with the box pleat ruffles at the bottom for once I like the nice clean crisp look and I hate modern clean lines, so you just preformed a miracle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spicecarrie
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010 09:24:08 AM »

this skirt is fantastic!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nellyphant
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010 03:44:01 AM »

Looks fab!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Teaspoons.of.honey
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010 07:38:11 AM »

Looks amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lidehtium
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010 11:56:39 AM »

Oh cute I like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alvan
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010 11:59:49 AM »

Great skirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tyndalecode
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010 02:46:54 PM »

Your entire outfit has a lovely look to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenpoe
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010 06:49:24 PM »

I could never pull off the skirt, but I totally love it! It would look insane on me. lol. The rose pin is super cute too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elphelba
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010 06:31:35 PM »

That skirt is great. I'm a sucker for stripes. I used to have a great article for pleating bookmarked but I can't seem to find it now. The basic idea of what you do is you 1) measure the front side of your pleat (this is the part that will stick out from underneath of the previous pleat). 2) you measure how far under you're going to pleat and double this 3) add the first measurement you took. So basically say you're going to make a pleat that's 2 inches, And you want each pleat to be 1 inch deep. You'd have 2 inches of fabric on the front side, you'd fold it back one inch, and then there would be three inches of fabric before you folded it back under (1 inch) again.

In my crappy picture below the visible part of each pleat extends to the end of the purple rectangle to it's right. The purple area shows where 1) the visible fabric of the pleat shows, 2) the fabric that's folded under, and 3) the fabric that is folded back towards the face of the pleat.  So, basically you have 2 inches, fold back 1 inch, fold forward 3 inches, and fold back 1 inch and fold over 3 inches (note that the first pleat may be a bit different depending on how you finish it. I'm sorry if that doesn't make enough sense. I'll try to explain it better if needed. But basically you figure out how wide you want each pleat, and how deep you'll need it using that formula and then you know how much pleating you'll need to fill a certain area.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010 06:32:46 PM by Elphelba » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
Pretty Little Rainbow

I heard you keep their wings pressed under glass.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010 09:19:32 AM »

That skirt is great. I'm a sucker for stripes. I used to have a great article for pleating bookmarked but I can't seem to find it now. The basic idea of what you do is you 1) measure the front side of your pleat (this is the part that will stick out from underneath of the previous pleat). 2) you measure how far under you're going to pleat and double this 3) add the first measurement you took. So basically say you're going to make a pleat that's 2 inches, And you want each pleat to be 1 inch deep. You'd have 2 inches of fabric on the front side, you'd fold it back one inch, and then there would be three inches of fabric before you folded it back under (1 inch) again.

In my crappy picture below the visible part of each pleat extends to the end of the purple rectangle to it's right. The purple area shows where 1) the visible fabric of the pleat shows, 2) the fabric that's folded under, and 3) the fabric that is folded back towards the face of the pleat.  So, basically you have 2 inches, fold back 1 inch, fold forward 3 inches, and fold back 1 inch and fold over 3 inches (note that the first pleat may be a bit different depending on how you finish it. I'm sorry if that doesn't make enough sense. I'll try to explain it better if needed. But basically you figure out how wide you want each pleat, and how deep you'll need it using that formula and then you know how much pleating you'll need to fill a certain area.

Huh I think Ill try to figure this out later haha, but thanks  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...