A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
395 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 6 [signups Sept. 8-21; sendouts Nov. 20, 2010]  (Read 184198 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
princessacademy
« Reply #1010 on: November 05, 2010 10:28:11 AM »

Well my hubby is leaving to work out of state for 5 weeks on Sunday, so may be the kick in the pants I need to have him drag my sewing machineout of storage so I can construct bexxer's stocking!!

In fact I"m sending him now, since he has to get his luggage and tools out anyway!

Wish me luck, sewing intimidates me! :::bites nails:::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1011 on: November 05, 2010 02:43:32 PM »

I have all the stuff I need, I just need to craft. Cheesy  I think once I get the package sent off for the swap due Monday I'll be able to do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwistedTruth
Craft Addict

Riddle me this...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1012 on: November 05, 2010 07:10:07 PM »

I have aaaaaaalmost everything, I'm finishing up doing the projects... Ran into some maaaajor snags while trying to do this. Haha.
Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty Business Blog WARNING! <Probable> Spoilers | My Pinterest
TheSapphireMoon
It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1013 on: November 05, 2010 07:15:13 PM »

Had a setback on my stocking...I assembled the back piece incorrectly, so I have to cut out and re-assemble a new one.  Good thing all the major detail work was on the front and I don't have to re-do that part...would be HOURS down the drain.  It's not a total loss though, just that it was assembled with the foot part facing the wrong direction when putting wrong sides together to bind the outside to complete it.  I can make us a new household stocking with it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 05, 2010 08:53:45 PM »

AARRGGHHH!!!!!!!!!  I FINALLY got everything wrapped, taped up the box, and found out I DON'T HAVE ANY BROWN PACKING PAPER to wrap the box in!  And hubby takes forever to do anything I ask...  Will send out as soon as I get the paper or even some paper bags to wrap the box in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1015 on: November 05, 2010 09:07:04 PM »

Totally got nothing done the last few days. After my kiddo got sick, I got sick. Yuck. So, hopefully, I'll be able to get things done this weekend. i have one med/large project I need to get started on and soon! I have to redo part of the stocking, too. grrr. I got too excited while sewing pieces together and forgot to see that I was sewing them together in the wrong direction. Aaaaah! Ok, I'll be good for tomorrow. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1016 on: November 05, 2010 09:26:55 PM »

Ugh, I can't tell you how many times I had to seam rip your (well, your kiddo's) stocking, Audania1. Well, actually I can because it is the most seam-ripping I've ever done  Cry but I'm too embarrassed to say. Due to this excessive amount of frustration, it is therefore not at all what I imagined, but at least it does look like a stocking  Embarrassed

On a happier note, I figured out what to make your oldest. I couldn't have littlest get the stocking and oldest get nada, but I was having a bit of crafter's block. And then it came to me and for some odd reason I had all the supplies. I'm quite happy with it, but you might hate me because it is pink  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stacysews
« Reply #1017 on: November 06, 2010 08:21:53 AM »

I'm making the stocking today - I'm excited to get started.  I think I feel a cold coming on so I'm going to try to finish up the rest of my projects before it hits. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1018 on: November 06, 2010 08:24:41 AM »

Quick question...

Are we supposed to wrap the purchased stuffers? I'm having a wrapping party this evening. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thisbirdsabsurd
« Reply #1019 on: November 06, 2010 09:56:37 AM »

SYE - your package left Illinois last night (according to tracking) - looks like it really will arrive on Monday!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got a new website! www.thisbirdsabsurd.com and I'm still on Etsy www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
And find me on Facebook!  Thisbirdsabsurd
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thisbirdsabsurd/753468561415455
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...