A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,934
Currently Running With Scissors:
386 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 6 [signups Sept. 8-21; sendouts Nov. 20, 2010]  (Read 184089 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
margiej
« Reply #720 on: October 15, 2010 12:39:05 PM »

TSM:  B-r-r-r New Hampshire in Feb!  Congrats on the vac plans!  Congrats to the Colorado vacation and the European plans as well!  Fantastic, and envious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
stacysews
« Reply #721 on: October 15, 2010 02:43:40 PM »

I'm so jealous about all these trips - we celebrate our 15th year anniversary next month.  I have a feeling I'm not getting anything that exciting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 15, 2010 04:41:38 PM »

Don't feel so bad.  For our anniversary this year, hubby wanted us to pool our money and buy a new mattress.  And not b/c what you're thinking of!  Tongue

I came up with a great idea for a little stocking stuffer tonight. After the girls go to bed, I'll sit on the couch, in comfy pj's, watch TV, and work on it.  I like it so much, I might make more for other friends!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
sezouli
False. Black bear.

I want to be slapped by an Epiphatree.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #723 on: October 15, 2010 04:51:17 PM »

Don't feel so bad.  For our anniversary this year, hubby wanted us to pool our money and buy a new mattress.  And not b/c what you're thinking of!  Tongue

I came up with a great idea for a little stocking stuffer tonight. After the girls go to bed, I'll sit on the couch, in comfy pj's, watch TV, and work on it.  I like it so much, I might make more for other friends!
Okay, I wasn't going to do the pics, since you said you hate the wait... but you keep throwing teasers out there!!!  Cheesy

so...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gatheredthreads
« Reply #724 on: October 15, 2010 05:43:09 PM »

Checking in..
My husband surprised me with a trip for our 1st anniversary...so I am going to be MIA for a week while I eat baguettes in France, cheese in Switzerland, and drink beer in Germany.
Perhaps my partner will get something from one of these places in her stocking.

hehehe

see you next week. Grin

Have fun on your travels, titaniumhip!!! That sounds awesome.  I am so jealous.  I wanna go to Barcelona though, see all that Gaudi architecture.

I had the PERFECT stocking decoration idea come to me today.  I am planning it out tonight!  And I have a most shockingly blue thumb from crafting today.  I don't think the colour will ever come out  Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010 05:45:27 PM by gatheredthreads » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.  ~ Dali
wist
lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #725 on: October 15, 2010 06:09:51 PM »

I found the perfect thing in stash, has shimmering pink and ... wait... pink feathers. LMAO. I'll only have one time to cut.

Any tips on stabilizer. What is it? What does it look like. How effective is it? Good utubes? Totally forgot all about this particular thrift find.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
stacysews
« Reply #726 on: October 15, 2010 08:21:41 PM »

Any tips on stabilizer. What is it? What does it look like. How effective is it? Good utubes? Totally forgot all about this particular thrift find.

If you're talking about fabric, a stabilizer is usually interfacing.  It comes in different 'weights' ranging from lightweight to heavy (even some that stretches for knit material) and you should generally use a weight that is similar to your fabric.  There are exceptions, depending on what you plan on doing with it (like purses would need something heavier if  you're wanting it to stand alone, etc.).  There is usually a special section of the fabric store devoted to interfacings.  If you need help, shoot me a PM with what it is and what you want to do with it and I'll help you out.

If it's not fabric, I'm not quite sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

« Reply #727 on: October 15, 2010 09:08:06 PM »

I am hoping to nab some crafting time on Sunday since I only work until 2pm.  I spent my lunch break today over at Michael's drooling over the Cricut Imagine and trying to figure out how much I could save away to still be able to afford it asap (to use on this swap and Christmas gifts, of course!) ....the answer is that it is near impossible Sad On a happy note my library is having a used book sale next weekend.  Yay for super cheap books, patterns and other such fun things that always prove to be useful for crafts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
margiej
« Reply #728 on: October 15, 2010 09:15:31 PM »

Ohhhh, feathers!   Yay!  I like feathers!  I'll bet I have an idea for yours too, with a feather of a slightly different sort!   Hahahahaha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
thenorm02
Crafty Mamma <3

didnt know my whole world would fit in to 8lbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #729 on: October 15, 2010 09:30:23 PM »

just wanted to check in! my partner and I have been chit chatting every few days. I havent been crafting at all because my husband is leaving soon for afganistan, he is gonna be gone for a year  Embarrassed Ive been a wreck!! and probably will be for a while!

I do have all my crafts sketched out and I also have all my crazy awesome epic stocking sketched out as well  Grin

Grin TIS gonna be AWESOME!!!  Grin (thanks for your patience)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding
Thankful DIY

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...