A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
270 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 6 [signups Sept. 8-21; sendouts Nov. 20, 2010]  (Read 184344 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #590 on: October 07, 2010 01:47:00 PM »

Steelers fan?  Smiley Grin
Hee, hee. Steelers have been on my mind because of another swap I'm in and that got me to thinking about this kid I worked with at a preschool.

When the Seahawks (local team) and the Steelers were in the superbowl, this little boy's parents taught him to say "Go Steelers" everytime the Seahawks were mentioned. It worked so well that come March some little girl 2 tables away trying to explain teams to another kid said "Like the Seahawks". Without looking up from his snack the boy says "Go Steelers".

I swear Pavlov would have had a field day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sezouli
False. Black bear.

I want to be slapped by an Epiphatree.

« Reply #591 on: October 07, 2010 03:01:36 PM »

OMG that is hilarious!!  How adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 07, 2010 07:38:18 PM »

Moving right along...made something today inspired by something I saw on the internet.  I tweaked it a bit and I loved how it turned out!  I'm going to make a lot of these items, some for my partner, and some for my children's teachers, and some for friends, and some for....   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

« Reply #593 on: October 07, 2010 08:25:16 PM »

I picked up a few things at JoAnne's today for some of the stuffers I am making for my partner's stocking.  I haven't started the actual stocking yet, but I'm moving right along with everything else.  Is it sad that I am devoting Sunday to crafting and cleaning mainly because it's my NFL team's bye week?  Smiley

Yup! I'm only 1.5 hours from Pittsburgh, so I've grown up bleeding black and gold haha.  If you would have seen me this past Sunday, you would have thought I was going to explode in my jersey Smiley

Calabaza--- That is too cute! My uncle is a Dolphins fan and when we are all together my baby cousins love going "Dolphins thumbs up! Steelers thumbs down!" Smiley

At least I won't have distractions this Sunday and can craft Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
TheSapphireMoon
It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #594 on: October 08, 2010 06:35:54 AM »

I finished a small item for this and the frugal swap at work.  I would've made a 2nd item for this swap as well, but ran out of time before clocking out after it turned out a bit of a fail and I have to do it over Sad  It can be taken apart and put back together a different way...I'm just upset it didn't come out the first time.  Gives me something to do when I'm back to work on Sunday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
gatheredthreads
« Reply #595 on: October 08, 2010 10:23:44 AM »

I have had no time to craft lately, between one thing and another.

DH (who works at home) came to me this morning and said, since he wasn't busy for once with work, he could take DD out to run an errand before her nap.  She fell asleep in the car on the way there  Cheesy  They were gone for 2 1/2 hours!  I now have a zillion projects started  Grin

My partner is SO much fun to craft for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.  ~ Dali
wist
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #596 on: October 08, 2010 10:40:27 AM »

Instead of attempting to narrow down my list, I made a separate list of things I want to get accomplished this weekend.  I will try to continue this trend each weekend.  Half the list is for this swap, and half for the mini 12 days of christmas swap.  I have a lot to do before December!!!!  But I have great partners so it's all great crafting  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
titaniumhip
Titaniumhip Sews

« Reply #597 on: October 08, 2010 11:30:55 AM »

I picked up a few things at JoAnne's today for some of the stuffers I am making for my partner's stocking.  I haven't started the actual stocking yet, but I'm moving right along with everything else.  Is it sad that I am devoting Sunday to crafting and cleaning mainly because it's my NFL team's bye week?  Smiley

Yup! I'm only 1.5 hours from Pittsburgh, so I've grown up bleeding black and gold haha.  If you would have seen me this past Sunday, you would have thought I was going to explode in my jersey Smiley

Calabaza--- That is too cute! My uncle is a Dolphins fan and when we are all together my baby cousins love going "Dolphins thumbs up! Steelers thumbs down!" Smiley

At least I won't have distractions this Sunday and can craft Smiley

Here in Canada you the talk is similar..only replace the football teams with hockey..heh  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #598 on: October 08, 2010 11:35:26 AM »

all of my bought items are bought...now to craft.

<my bot was trained by 18 months to say 'leafs suck' anytime anyone mentioned the leafs... he's now a sens fan while i root for the habs...it can make for some tense dinner conversations Cheesy>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Onyxnox
Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #599 on: October 08, 2010 12:38:07 PM »

I mailed off my angel package this morning, so I think I am free to concentrate all on this swap.  Except for a baby set I promised a cousin. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my pinterest

Sad Bye Bye Craftster - where else can craft addicts unite??

If anyone else knows or wants to keep in touch -

[email protected]
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...