A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
323 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 6 [signups Sept. 8-21; sendouts Nov. 20, 2010]  (Read 184204 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sezouli
False. Black bear.

I want to be slapped by an Epiphatree.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #390 on: September 24, 2010 11:45:56 AM »

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all...oh you can hear me!  I get really excited and fired up on these swaps.  So much so, I painted the drawer fronts in kitchen bright colors because of the Mexican Kitsch swap, It was totally the swap's fault, Mr. Landlord!  This one may cause me to construct a faux fireplace!  I do have a big piece of plywood I could paint to look like brick.  Maybe I should concentrate of working on the stocking first? 

But think of all the warm cozy nights to be had in front of the fauxreplace!  (Possibly with candles in front for that "real fire" effect?) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker
like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: September 24, 2010 11:47:30 AM »

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all...oh you can hear me!  I get really excited and fired up on these swaps.  So much so, I painted the drawer fronts in kitchen bright colors because of the Mexican Kitsch swap, It was totally the swap's fault, Mr. Landlord!  This one may cause me to construct a faux fireplace!  I do have a big piece of plywood I could paint to look like brick.  Maybe I should concentrate of working on the stocking first? 

I must say that you are awesome....and I think I love you.

Now I want to paint my drawers too.  and I may have some plywood in the garage....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
margiej
« Reply #392 on: September 24, 2010 12:25:19 PM »

Candles?  My dog has the bushiest tail and causes all kinds of situations already.  I'll probably have to do a lightbulb and tissue paper! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
sezouli
False. Black bear.

I want to be slapped by an Epiphatree.

« Reply #393 on: September 24, 2010 12:35:41 PM »

Candles?  My dog has the bushiest tail and causes all kinds of situations already.  I'll probably have to do a lightbulb and tissue paper! 
Hrm, yeah, pets can be a little dangerous around candles.  I remember my cat setting fire to her tail when I was younger, my mom had it contained and up high and she still managed to singe herself.  Cheesy  She was fine, just  had a little less hair.
how about thase flameless candles- with the led lights inside?  Maybe that would work.  Or if all else fails, print a pretty fire scene on a transparency and mount that in there with a light beind it!  :-)
At any rate- yay for faux fireplaces!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennilocker
« Reply #394 on: September 24, 2010 12:48:07 PM »

You don't need pets to be dangerous around flames...2 weeks ago I caught my laptop on fire.  It was next to a candle and I threw a plastic bag on the table next to it....there is still pieces of melted bag on my laptop Sad 

Is there a craft to cover up big melty spots on laptops?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

« Reply #395 on: September 24, 2010 01:10:20 PM »

Is there a craft to cover up big melty spots on laptops?

Nothing I've found so far, but keep us informed of your progress  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please
SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: September 24, 2010 01:21:01 PM »

Oh my goodness, jennilocker!  That would be terrible!  I can't even get an ink spot off of mine, so good luck on that one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennilocker
« Reply #397 on: September 24, 2010 01:26:43 PM »

I was SOOOO upset at first...it literally caught on fire and made a melted dip in the top of the laptop.  Amazingly it still works fine. (knicks on wood)...but it would be cool to cover it up somehow!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #398 on: September 24, 2010 01:30:59 PM »

Sounds like it is time, jennilocker, to just pimp it out. There are some inspiring ones on craftster. Cool I actually have a 3d butterfly on this old one, and want to embellish the top, but I want to add colors and designs with perm markers, but they just rub off the metal. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
jennilocker
« Reply #399 on: September 24, 2010 01:42:26 PM »

OMG!! I am totally going to go look up some pimped out laptops!!  My boyfriend will die but it was already a pinky-purple color because we got it on sale and those are the ones that didn't sell (I LOVED the color though)...so maybe it won't be too big of a stretch for him!! I'll totally post pics if I do it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...