A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
349 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 6 [signups Sept. 8-21; sendouts Nov. 20, 2010]  (Read 184113 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
dharma_rebel

Craftsters never say die.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #380 on: September 24, 2010 07:33:57 AM »

I think that last year my partner and I shipped our stockings empty, and just filled around it.

I made another little something for jennilocker last night. Sooooooooo friggin cute. I'm gonna make one for myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

#savecraftster

Pinning!
jennilocker
« Reply #381 on: September 24, 2010 07:39:44 AM »

Ohhhhhhh! I like the sound of that Wink

What if I fill the stocking with what HAS to wait to be opened on Christmas morning?  And the rest you can open right away? Oh, wait.....we know how you are about waiting to open packages Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel

Craftsters never say die.

« Reply #382 on: September 24, 2010 07:50:21 AM »

LOL! I am the WORST about opening packages. I don't think I've had a surprise at Christmas in years. Now, I'm pretty good at guessing with out unwrapping first. My mom just gives me cash or lets me pick out my own now.

If you fill a stocking with stuff for me to wait to open, I will give it to my brother (that's what I did last year). He's a stickler for surprises. You could put a present in an unsealed paper bag and he won't peek!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

#savecraftster

Pinning!
Faux_Valentine
« Reply #383 on: September 24, 2010 07:56:00 AM »

I think last year i may have stuffied mine, but i'm not sure. This year though i totally have some idea that may not be able to be stuffed in a stocking. I'm not really a small crafts kinda person XD.

I also opened the day i got the package too XD. I am horrible with surprises and gifts. I don't want to have to wait to open my gifts and since no one else around got them i told myself i would feel bad if i saved them to open around everyone else because it would be bad mannered to do that. Theres no favoritism ( at least with numbers of gifts) in my family.

I have a ton of wonderful things planned for this swap! Just gotta finish up another first
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Molliemoo2883
Personal Swap: anyone need bottle caps?

Easily distracted since 1983!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #384 on: September 24, 2010 07:59:24 AM »

I'm in the midst of a stress induced meltdown. I have two work projects and my Birthday party this weekend and two swaps to finish up so I cannot fit in jotting down ideas for my stocking till next week (even though I already have 5 ideas floating around my head). I like the idea of including something to be opened on Christmas though. I didn't do that last year and I wish I had. In my family we do all the gift giving on Christmas morning so maybe having something to open Christmas Eve would be nice. Alright, back to work  Sad. Have a good weekend everybody!!!  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If we could live without passion, maybe we would know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow inside. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank, without passion we would be truly dead"~Buffy
jennilocker
« Reply #385 on: September 24, 2010 08:11:14 AM »

Wow!! What willpower he must have!  I can't throw stones in a glass house....I HATE waiting on a surprise when I know it's coming!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetyetevil
« Reply #386 on: September 24, 2010 10:47:21 AM »

Yeah I hope everything does not need to fit in the stocking as some of the things I am making will not fit into one....Can someone clarify that for us kiddies!? If it all has to fit I will need to revamp my ideas...thanks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #387 on: September 24, 2010 11:16:12 AM »

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all...oh you can hear me!  I get really excited and fired up on these swaps.  So much so, I painted the drawer fronts in kitchen bright colors because of the Mexican Kitsch swap, It was totally the swap's fault, Mr. Landlord!  This one may cause me to construct a faux fireplace!  I do have a big piece of plywood I could paint to look like brick.  Maybe I should concentrate of working on the stocking first? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #388 on: September 24, 2010 11:25:33 AM »

Yeah I hope everything does not need to fit in the stocking as some of the things I am making will not fit into one....Can someone clarify that for us kiddies!? If it all has to fit I will need to revamp my ideas...thanks!!!

Hahahaha it wasn't a problem last year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #389 on: September 24, 2010 11:43:06 AM »

Ummmm... yeah. There is no way all the stuff I'm making is going to fit into the stocking. Smiley The stocking would have to be the size of ... well, let's just say it won't fit.

By the way, stocking... I have every idea for all the other stuff, but I should probably really get to thinking about the stocking!! That is the title of the swap, after all!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...