A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,841
Currently Running With Scissors:
291 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 6 [signups Sept. 8-21; sendouts Nov. 20, 2010]  (Read 184317 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
RedMenace
« Reply #280 on: September 21, 2010 08:28:38 AM »

One more day! I'm definitely itching to get to crafting an awesome stocking Smiley

And all the Godiva talk reminds me of when my family went to the mall for back-to-school shopping and the Godiva store was having its grand opening... my aunt thought the chocolate-covered strawberries were free samples and ate four of them! The lady was like, "that'll be $28 please!" Roll Eyes We still tease her about it 15 years later!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #281 on: September 21, 2010 08:50:18 AM »

I always buy all of my disposable Christmas wrapping at the Dollar Tree. I refuse to spend those exorbitant prices at Target or even WalMart.

I've been making little things for the past couple of days just to get my creativity rolling for this swap. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: September 21, 2010 09:41:48 AM »

I get most of mine at the dollar store or Family Dollar.  I get lots of cute cartoon ones like Hello Kitty, Dora, Spongebob and things like that.  It's thinner paper, but really, the kids just rip it up anyhow. Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Faux_Valentine
« Reply #283 on: September 21, 2010 10:13:30 AM »

im filling out my questionnaire, with my school schedule it's taking a little longer than i'd like. Will defiantly get it in today though ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #284 on: September 21, 2010 10:23:49 AM »

OK, my group is matched, sending sevsonlygirl the listing and your partners info is coming your way very shortly. If at first you think you are not matched, read the questionnaire again.

One thing you will find is that you never know what you may learn from your partner. PM me with any problems. I am here to listen, and really want all of your to RESPECT your partners likes dislikes.

I actually love the group I was given, as you are all so diverse, and please, no more chocolate talk. I'm dying here. Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
thisbirdsabsurd
« Reply #285 on: September 21, 2010 10:26:22 AM »

I think my fabric addiction has transcended to wrapping paper.  I don't have barrels of it, but I LOVE nice wrapping paper - and I hate that the corners rip when I use the thin stuff!  Wrapping presents is always kind ofa ritual for me and I love tying beautiful bows too!  (My sister and I have a joke about this because she always buys the stick on bows and I give her a hard time about it.)  I think I also got this from my mom who would stay up late at night the days before Christmas in her "workshop"/spare bedroom, wrapping and tying away! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got a new website! www.thisbirdsabsurd.com and I'm still on Etsy www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
And find me on Facebook!  Thisbirdsabsurd
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thisbirdsabsurd/753468561415455
Megzy818

Happily married to my best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #286 on: September 21, 2010 10:41:09 AM »

I spent 10 years wrapping my moms presents from my dad haha, my sister has been doing it since I moved out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
princessacademy
« Reply #287 on: September 21, 2010 10:49:42 AM »

Just a warning I am THE WORLD"S WORST GIFT WRAPPER. Officially. I hate doing it and I'm terrible at it. So whoever my partner is...be warned the onyl way anything will be wrapped decently is if I con my sister into doing it. Its seriously a HUGE running joke amongst my friends andfamily. I'm SUPER terrible at it. My hubby won't even let me wrap the Santa presents because he says even our 1 1/2 year old would recognize my horrendous wrapping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edie22
« Reply #288 on: September 21, 2010 10:52:51 AM »

I'm not using paper for wrapping.  I'm using fabric bags! they're easy to make. plus, its like another little gift.

I'm excited for partners too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: September 21, 2010 10:54:26 AM »

i haven't used a single piece of gift wrap in 4 years. i made a whack ton of reusable bags and just keep supplementing my xmas fabric stash during january ...

most of my stockings stuffer are not wrapped. and i doubt i will wrap everything for this swap.  unless my partner wants some wrapped separate for the 25th...  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...