A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,581
Currently Running With Scissors:
272 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 6 [signups Sept. 8-21; sendouts Nov. 20, 2010]  (Read 184154 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: September 21, 2010 02:46:08 AM »

YAY - swap sign ups close today!!!  Will be stalking my PM's today to find out who my partner is.  That way, maybe I can get supplies and work on my stocking while on vacation.

I remember something else I want for my stocking - I have been dying to try these, and unfortunately they are so hard to find in my region of Canada, because the company is primarily East Coast.  I can find their regular boxed chocolates, but not the Chicken Bones, and they sound like something I would love - cinnamon candy and chocolate!

http://www.chocablog.com/reviews/ganong-chicken-bones/

So if anyone can find them for whatever reason, I would love a sample to try!  My quest this year continues!

Also, another question - are there any communication requirements for this swap, considering how long it is?

Out of the very first post, for signups:  There will be check-ins every two weeks, so please be prepared to check-in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SMLounsbury
« Reply #261 on: September 21, 2010 04:48:26 AM »

We are going to Hershey Park on Saturday and all of this talk of chocolate just gets me more in the mood to over indulge!   

I can't wait for partners.  I'm so ready to get started.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ghilie
Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: September 21, 2010 04:55:48 AM »

We are going to Hershey Park on Saturday and all of this talk of chocolate just gets me more in the mood to over indulge!   

no kidding!  I had to stay out of the thread for a couple days.  We were also talking chocolate over at the Giver/needer swap.  The mods had to put us in our place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
princessacademy
« Reply #263 on: September 21, 2010 05:19:40 AM »

I'm gonna have to stay away from this thread and all this chocolate talk as I'm starting a program today called Lean for Life and for some reason they frown on chocolate ? Wink

Also....don't throw heavy objects at me, but we have a See's kiosk in our mall every Christmas season and they give out free samples, so that's all I've ever had...but I don't care for See's :::ducks:::

I'm a Godiva girl...but of course that gets expensive.... Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftCrazy13

Yes is the android.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #264 on: September 21, 2010 06:08:00 AM »

The free samples are the best thing about See's! I used to go into the store to buy a 50 cent coffee lollipop (yum) to get a free truffle...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennilocker
« Reply #265 on: September 21, 2010 06:09:53 AM »

I'm a Godiva girl...but of course that gets expensive.... Kiss

OMG Have you had their chocolate covered strawberries?  Sigh......heaven!  One of the project managers brought me some a while back since we were doing work (we're an electrical co.) at the Godiva store in the mall. I licked the bag they were in and proposed to the guy that brought them to me.

I've never heard of See's, and I would LOVE to try some of the spicy chocolates you all are talking about!! Mmmmmm sounds wonderful!!

I AM SOOOOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS SWAP!!!! I've totally gotten into the Christmas spirit and can't wait to get started crafting!!!!!!! Woooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!  SO GLAD I SIGNED UP FOR THE LARGE STOCKING!!!  I have too many ideas already!!  

My only question is where to buy Christmas wrapping paper in September?? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox
Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #266 on: September 21, 2010 06:42:14 AM »

LOL! Chicken bones!

I heard about those in one of my very first swaps. I am going to have to order some just to see what they're all about.

I just realised one of the girls I work with has family in Nova Scotia and she always goes to visit several times a year, so I think I may just ask her to bring me back a few bags, so maybe I could share with whoever my partner is instead Cheesy

It just bugs me to pay for the shipping, which effectively doubles the price of it!

As for as Godiva - swoon!  I remember my first exposure to them.  I just got a job out of uni, not in nursing (there was a bunch of layoffs everywhere when I first graduated).  It was for a large dental supply company and the Toronto office was a small group, but with great communication with the California head office.  I was just a shipping and receiving clerk and everyone knew I was only temporary until I found a full time nursing job, but EVERYONE, including the California staff were so welcoming and so nice.  Several of my manager's managers sent me cards and little boxes of Godiva, which weren't even in Canada at the time.  Why did I leave that company???  Oh yeah, the pay wasn't good compared to my nursing salary - but the people were so awesome!  Let's not even talk about the Christmas goodies we got sent!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox
Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #267 on: September 21, 2010 06:43:03 AM »

The free samples are the best thing about See's! I used to go into the store to buy a 50 cent coffee lollipop (yum) to get a free truffle...

LOL - free samples of ANYTHING are good!  Of edible goodies.... even better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessacademy
« Reply #268 on: September 21, 2010 06:50:50 AM »

Godiva chocolate covered strwberries ARE to die for!! When my old roommate and I both worked at the mall (I at a shoe store, he at the smoothie place) he would trade the girls at Godiva smoothies for choc. covered strawberries for he and I......mmmmm

My sister bought me a nice size box for my birthday last year and a nursing top...my mom was APALLED that the box of chocolate cost more than the shirt!!! Lol..silly Mom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: September 21, 2010 07:05:36 AM »

Ok, ladies, we will be starting our work on partners today and picking up the extras tonight.  It will be Wednesday morning (I'm hoping) when we post partners and then by Thursday you should all have your questionnaires.  Smiley

I was hoping it would happen sooner, but there's a lot of swappers and I have an event to do at work on Wednesday that takes all day.  Silly work, don't they understand I'm trying to swap here?! Angry Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...