A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,835
Currently Running With Scissors:
326 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 6 [signups Sept. 8-21; sendouts Nov. 20, 2010]  (Read 184222 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
InShambles
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2010 06:56:23 AM »

I hope my partner won't mind if I don't open mine until Christmas!  I like the anticipation.
Me too, I plan on admiring my stocking & waiting til Christmas morning to open the gifts.

I have two young nieces and after their first couple Christmases and seeing how ridiculously spoiled & commercialized everything was I vowed to have entirely handmade Christmases. It was so bad that a couple years ago a 3 year old Kaileigh cried and refused to open any more presents! Last year I made them quilts, they LOVE them & drag them out into the living room every time I visit so we can snuggle in them, so much more meaningful than some mass produced toy.
Also I'm single, and the one that tries to make everything special for my loved ones, but I always end up choosing my own gifts & they never think to fill a stocking for me! It's so disappointing when I've put so much thought into their gifts. I love Christmas swaps because they brighten my holiday, and I [hopefully] get to brighten someone elses. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist - http://wists.com/InShambles
Art + Music = Happiness
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My Loves

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2010 07:02:13 AM »

I agree that christmas isn't about presents, its about the spirit of chirstmas, I love decorating the tree, making christmas dinner, holiday crafts, and making cookies because its all done with family. My favorite christmas memory is when my dad was too broke to buy a tree so he found this little 12" silver tree and he put it in a big tree stand and one present under it, now every year I put out that silver tree.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness

www.monstersmiles.etsy.com
SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2010 07:12:04 AM »

Whew!  I just got caught up on reading!

There will definitely be a gallery early cuz I can't wait to open mine!!! Cheesy  I know some partners agree to wait and that's fine too - it just means we have more to see in the gallery!

We're not religious as in we don't attend church.  My children do get to learn about all different religions as I'm very interested in them.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thisbirdsabsurd
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2010 07:13:12 AM »

I agree that christmas isn't about presents, its about the spirit of chirstmas, I love decorating the tree, making christmas dinner, holiday crafts, and making cookies because its all done with family. My favorite christmas memory is when my dad was too broke to buy a tree so he found this little 12" silver tree and he put it in a big tree stand and one present under it, now every year I put out that silver tree.
 Awww - that's sweet TC!  I am another one who is big on tradition - I have so many ornaments I can't fit them all on the tree - but I love the ritual of decorating and when I'm done the tree is mostly full of ornamnets that either my kids, I or someone else made.  The season never lasts long enough for me!  I am super strict about no presents til Christmas morning - BUT...I will confess that last year when I got my package I ripped it open immediately!  (Actually, my partner told me that several of the items were for decoration, sooooo it really didn't make sense to wait - right?)  Wink  I have no problem with my partner waiting til Christmas though - even though the anticipation will KILL me!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got a new website! www.thisbirdsabsurd.com and I'm still on Etsy www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
And find me on Facebook!  Thisbirdsabsurd
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thisbirdsabsurd/753468561415455
sweetyetevil
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2010 07:35:22 AM »

Okay one lil Christmas swap will not kill me hehe geez I am still working on Halloween! Got my questionaire all ready to be sent in.

I am not good about waiting either...I try to but sometimes my curiousity Wink gets the best of me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2010 07:43:38 AM »

I really miss living close to my family.  Just my daughter lives down here, and she has to spend holidays with his family each year, first his mom then his dad.  When I lived in Mo., and my daughters were young, I loved the big family get togethers so much, 15, 20  and more people---what fun that was! All the cooking and baking, and noise and kids!    
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Megzy818

Happily married to my best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2010 10:22:57 AM »

I know how you feel margiej! I moved out of my parents place just before Thanksgiving in 2007 I believe, spent Thanksgiving and Christmas with my roommate who didn't want to do anything, my family had just moved across the country to Las Vegas from North Carolina and my husband (boyfriend at the time) was in Virginia at the time and couldn't come down. Our first Christmas was awesome just because we had someone to share it with. We are going down to North Carolina to visit his family and I am so excited cause there is always so much love and there are always so many people and then we're going to spend Christmas with my family for the first time in 3 years as long as we can afford to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
margiej
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2010 11:04:59 AM »

Oh it sounds like it will be such a fun Christmas! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2010 12:13:06 PM »

I have just updated and we have 41 swappers! There's still 4 days left to sign up!!

Y'know, every year I think 'maybe this year no one will want to do this' so I try not to get too excited about it.  But every year I'm amazed at how many swappers we attract - thanks ladies for making me feel all warm and fuzzy! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superhooker
like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2010 01:28:28 PM »

I have just updated and we have 41 swappers! There's still 4 days left to sign up!!

Y'know, every year I think 'maybe this year no one will want to do this' so I try not to get too excited about it.  But every year I'm amazed at how many swappers we attract - thanks ladies for making me feel all warm and fuzzy! Kiss

Are you joking?  I have been checking the swap ideas board since August....just to make sure I didn't miss it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...