A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,934
Currently Running With Scissors:
359 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 6 [signups Sept. 8-21; sendouts Nov. 20, 2010]  (Read 184093 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2010 12:58:54 PM »

No kids for us either, and we aren't very religious. Christmas in our house is more about loving and appreciating the people you have in your life with present! And the tree is really because it's pretty (LOL).

I really love unconventional stockings... My fabulous partner last year sent me a Frankenstein stocking. I don't know what I am thinking this year. Maybe Harry Potter?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2010 02:16:57 PM »

A quick question because this is my first stocking swap...do we wait to dig into our goodies or can we open when we receive? I don't know how much will power I will have. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSapphireMoon
It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2010 02:37:15 PM »

Pshaw, wait 'til Christmas to open and show, Troublet??!  What was in YOUR cereal this morning?  That's the craziest thing I've heard all day!  LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2010 02:43:13 PM »

A quick question because this is my first stocking swap...do we wait to dig into our goodies or can we open when we receive? I don't know how much will power I will have. LOL

whew thanks for asking that question.  i was gonna reprogram my camera if there was a date cause i love digging thru a stocking.  Smiley  there's always so much hope and potential. (hubby comes from a christmas eve celebrating home so he never did stockings. after 1o years he is getting better... not yet great. but inmproving)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
superhooker
like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2010 02:46:21 PM »

I always wait until christmas to open mine.  I think I'm maybe a bit masochistic...but forcing myself to wait makes it better... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2010 02:59:44 PM »

Last year we left it up to partners.... I could never wait! I am the worst about getting everyone to tell/give me my presents early!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My Loves

« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2010 03:08:42 PM »

Well my husband is jewish and we don't have kids, so we don't really celebrate.  It used to be a big deal when I was growing up. Orange in teh toe, nuts, little things...plus a boatload of gifts... this year I think we're going to get carpeting and a new bed.  Smiley

Edie
My family isn't really anything but we love to teach our 4 year old about other cultures so we teach him about all the different holidays. I come from a christan/baptist/mormon family (and I follow buddhism) and my husband comes from a christan/catholic/jewish family so we pick and choose what we want to believe. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness

www.monstersmiles.etsy.com
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2010 03:17:00 PM »

LOL sloth, I like the way you think. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Audania1
I really want to go to Disney World again

Magic always comes with a price

« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2010 05:53:12 PM »

It is so neat to read everybody's different  backgrounds! Lots of things from everybody. Smiley We grew up as "Christians" but we never did anything at church. Just kind of went on Christmas and Easter and celebrated Christmas at home. Then, I really became a Christian later on. My husband always has been and that's what we teach our two daughters, though I love to learn about other religions and cultures. I think it is important to know the beliefs of others so there is no judgmentalism.
Anyway, my little rant is done. Smiley
I can't wait to celebrate this year b/c last year it wasn't very big - just moved into an apartment and our stuff wasn't here yet, and then having a baby two days later. Aaaahh! So, I'm itching for some Christmas fun.
We always opened our stockings on Christmas morning before the parents got up - that was their sleep in time! (We weren't supposed to, but that's always what ended up happening *wink*) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got tons of new stuff in my store!: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyWyldChild?ref=ss_profile
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/audreynh/
sezouli
False. Black bear.

I want to be slapped by an Epiphatree.

« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2010 05:59:44 PM »

We always opened our stockings on Christmas morning before the parents got up - that was their sleep in time! (We weren't supposed to, but that's always what ended up happening *wink*) Smiley
LOL, that's what we did too!  We'd creep down and get them and take them back to bed with us, whoever wooke up first (my sister or I) would have to wake the other so we could do it together.  I loved those times.
My hubby doesn't do much of anything for Christmas.  It's strange, his father is a pastor, so you might think that the fmaily celebrated, but he said they never even had a tree.  Combine that with my obsessive love of the holidays, and we're a little unbalanced, but hey, that's what these fabulous swaps are for, right?  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding
Thankful DIY

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...