A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
228 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 6 [signups Sept. 8-21; sendouts Nov. 20, 2010]  (Read 184343 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
margiej
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2010 07:21:01 AM »

Victory!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
jennilocker
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2010 07:54:26 AM »

tattooedcrafter - sometimes it takes awhile! Cheesy  The first year we lived together, on Christmas Eve I put out two filled stockings - one for my daughter and one for him.  He said, "Did you expect a stocking?"  Even though I was a bit disappointed, I said no.  Ever since then, he makes sure to do a stocking for me. Smiley  He's even gotten to the point where he gets me silly stuff, it's only been 13 years. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

My other half is still learning.  He doesn't mean anything by not getting me a stocking but I kinda miss them because they were always my favorite part of Christmas morning. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2010 08:06:01 AM »

I think I may sign up for this....ever since my seperation from my husband I've been a grump around holidays.  What better to get in the Christmas spirit than my craftsers and stockings?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
edie22
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2010 08:52:35 AM »

Well my husband is jewish and we don't have kids, so we don't really celebrate.  It used to be a big deal when I was growing up. Orange in teh toe, nuts, little things...plus a boatload of gifts... this year I think we're going to get carpeting and a new bed.  Smiley

Edie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
imbettinonalice

« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2010 09:09:15 AM »

Well my husband is jewish and we don't have kids, so we don't really celebrate.  It used to be a big deal when I was growing up. Orange in teh toe, nuts, little things...plus a boatload of gifts... this year I think we're going to get carpeting and a new bed.  Smiley

Edie

Ooooh a new bed!  Happy Christmakwanzakkah to you! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
oneredboot
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2010 10:15:59 AM »

I couldn't sleep last night (the dog was sick and kept needing to go out) so I thought about stocking designs and patterns...  Patchwork and striped and felted sweaters and, and, and...I fainlly came up with one that I think is really exciting!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imbettinonalice

« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2010 11:12:15 AM »

I sent in my questionnaire! I'm really excited to get partners and start crafting.  I'm thinking I'd like to do a theme for my partner such as their fave book, movie, tv show.  I guess we shall see once the partners are given out Smiley
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010 11:13:02 AM by imbettinonalice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.twloha.org
edie22
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2010 12:20:36 PM »

I sent in my questionnaire! I'm really excited to get partners and start crafting.  I'm thinking I'd like to do a theme for my partner such as their fave book, movie, tv show.  I guess we shall see once the partners are given out Smiley

oohh!! that sounds like fun! I think I went random last year, but I want a Star Trek/Chris Pine theme.  Of course, I always want a Chris Pine theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
TwistedTruth
Craft Addict

Riddle me this...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2010 12:26:40 PM »

I really want something geeky/nerdy... Boyfriend loves Ninja Turtles, Gummy Bears (cartoon), Power Rangers... Just oldschool 80s/90s cartoons. Me? I enjoy reading (fantasy/horror/sci fi), writing, videogames, and zombies. And comic books. Lol!

tattooedcrafter- yeah, I have this sorta-surprise party planned for his birthday. (It's a "sorta surprise" because he knows it's happening, he just isn't sure the extent of my planning.) I don't think he's ever had a tree up or anything, either. It'll be an interesting new Christmas for sure!
Tiny studio apartment, big desk and bookshelves and bed... We'll find somewhere, I already made sure he knew that. Tongue
I moved out earlier this year, I'm nervous that I won't have a stocking on Christmas morning... That was always one of my favorites too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty Business Blog WARNING! <Probable> Spoilers | My Pinterest
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2010 12:46:17 PM »

The stocking is always my favorite part of Christmas morning too!  For me, it's b/c we open our stockings, one by one, and see what everyone else got.  It's also a precursor to opening up the big stuff, so the anticipation is there!

BTW...My husband is Jewish and so is his mom, but his dad was not, so they always celebrated Xmas and Hanukkah.  I grew up Methodist (non practicing), but now I identify more with being Jewish.  In our house we celebrate both holidays.  Maybe your hubby could give you a stocking as a nod to your traditions.

Kudos to those of you that celebrate BIG for your significant others who didn't have birthdays or holidays growing up.  I didn't either, and I tell you...that is really thoughtful of you to do that for the one you love.  I'm sure he/she appreciates it a lot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...