A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
167 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Week of Baby Onesies Swap Round 5 (Sign-ups CLOSED, Send-out 10/25)  (Read 27495 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2010 10:28:53 PM »

I haven't had an issue with the Garanimals shrinking, either... ??  But I only wash them in cold water, with the dryer on low heat (or line-dry, for my kiddos) so maybe that has something to do with it? 

And that's OK, babalina -- I just stare at my serger, too.  Wink  It's so intimidating, plus there's that whole re-threading thing to try to decipher.   Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Pistola
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2010 11:20:10 PM »

Strange! Maybe I got a weird batch Huh Anyhow, I'm glad I washed them to make sure anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have vintage smurf sheets and do embroidery and stenciling...wanna swap?
cosmo_mouse

Dexter - My best creation

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2010 02:47:34 PM »

I'm with everyone else with the whole recycling/upcycling question. I'm forever using hubby's old clothes to make stuff for Dexter, as long as the stuff is still in good condition I don't see a problem at all.

I've started work on one of my shirts and have ideas for the rest, I'm quite scared by how organised I am  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2010 03:13:52 PM »

all of my supplies are gathered for all 10 of the shirts (well, I might have to get ONE more thing...or two...  Roll Eyes )
today I managed to gather a lot of stuff, though, so it's off to the washing machine to prewash everything and start cutting, etc
Oh, and I have to print some stuff, if my computer will cooperate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2010 03:20:38 PM »

Awwww man!  I can't believe I missed this round!   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jacobsmomma
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2010 09:22:13 PM »

Sadly I have to travel a hour away from my house to get the crafting supplies I need, so I am going this weekend to pick everything up. I am too excited. I have a couple of ideas, and I can not wait to start on them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stacysews
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2010 05:08:57 AM »

I've got all my supplies and I'm ready to go - now I'm crossing my fingers for some nap time this week so I can actually start on them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2010 05:41:15 AM »

I am so tickled I FINALLY kicked the ars of my big craft fear!! I have a new serger. I just look at it and now glare it is so sick that I have a fight in my head ROTFL with a machine that I bought...fear had been overcome yesterday I said no more I will take and kick your ars little machine and I did..OMG I made several pair of pants for the kids yesterday and they rock..Jammies for all! I am going to attempt to make some shirts for the boys ( Houston my grandson and Levi one of our partners) I will see how shirts go for me  Undecided but I kicked butt on the jammie pants!!

For today I rock ( at least I think I do. I beat my fear) I am just trying to figure out how to re-thread the bottom loop if I need to LOL...that blue is a doosie but the lady at the quilt shop said rule number one ROTFL...tie your new thread and just pull it though if you don't break your thread then you will have no worries until later
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
stacysews
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2010 07:07:27 AM »

You'll love your serger - it's so nice to work with tough to sew fabrics (like knits), makes projects sew up faster, and gives  really 'professional' looking results.  Threading is always a booger even if you're 'experienced' - I'm faster than when I first started (YEARS) ago, but now that I have a new 5-thread (it does a nice coverstitch like in ready to wear clothing) it takes me longer and I dread when I have to clean my machine or something screws up and I have to re-thread. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2010 07:48:53 AM »

When my bf brought home is Pfaff machine, he also brought an old Singer serger. I am terrified of it!
It needs to be cleaned, and I want to go through the manual to figure it out a bit, which I sadly don't have time for right now. Maybe when I'm not up to my ears in finals, prepping for grad, making my monkey's halloween costume, and (yes) swap stuff, I will have time to take a stab at it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...