A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,765
Currently Running With Scissors:
201 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 72
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MINI 12 Days of Christmas 2010 (sign ups CLOSED) Send out 12/1  (Read 93942 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
gatheredthreads
« Reply #260 on: October 04, 2010 07:52:04 PM »

My favorite holiday treat is potato candy. Which is this extremely sweet candy made with a potato, lots of powdered sugar, & has peanut butter in the middle. I don't know anyone else who makes it, but I've been making it with my sister since I was a child. It's so good, but takes all afternoon to make so we only make it at Christmas.
This sounded so curious, that I had to go find a recipe!  Is this like the one you make? http://www.wisegeek.com/contest/what-is-potato-candy-and-how-do-i-make-it.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.  ~ Dali
wist
InShambles
« Reply #261 on: October 04, 2010 08:02:42 PM »

That's exactly the same thing! If anyone tries it know that one average sized potato will make a ton of candy.
This actually isn't salty-sweet, more like really sweet fudge. I bet it would be awesome with some chopped up salted peanuts though. Yum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist - http://wists.com/InShambles
Art + Music = Happiness
devilxkat
« Reply #262 on: October 04, 2010 10:00:26 PM »

Mmmm..holiday treats. My fav has to be pumpkin pie. I also love the enormous cookie batches my mom makes; with favs being chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, almond horn and santa's whiskers.

As for crafting, still in the planning stage. Between work and still organizing the house after moving, I haven't accomplished much yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #263 on: October 04, 2010 11:48:33 PM »

Every year I make fruitcake and mail it to my mom.  I load it up with everything I can afford, add a ton of spice (ignore the 1/2 tsp directions, add 2 or 3 tsp it really makes it so much better!)  My mom actually hoards the fruitcake, rationing a bit to herself every day, and never shares it with company!  One year I don't know what happened, I must have fallen asleep while it was baking, but I could not get it out of the pan, so I mailed it pan and all. She somehow got it out, maybe scooped it?  Anyway she ate it!  At least my mother loves me, no matter what!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: October 05, 2010 05:41:39 AM »

Wow, that potato candy sounds really good, I might have to give that a go...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
beeker
« Reply #265 on: October 05, 2010 05:50:54 AM »

I've had potato candy before. There was a student at school that would bring it in for the teachers. He has gone on to middle school though. *sigh* That was good stuff.

Holiday treats....I love so many. Persimmon pudding comes to mind with lots of whipped cream. I am probably thinking of that because I need to go pick up persimmons in my yard. I was out picking gourds last night and I could smell them there are so many on the ground I will never get them all. It is time to call in the neighbors to come get some.

Also I like it when Starbucks brings out the holiday cups and flavors. I don't like gingerbread, but I love the coffee. Then you know it is time for the holidays.

I need some holiday. I will be spending all morning picking out Christmas music for our school concert and making lots and lots of copies.
Deck the halls with bows of holly, fa la la la la la la la la
Update - I have 1 small, 2 mediums, and a large in progress
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010 05:51:42 AM by beeker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Christmas Stocking Swap - crafting Smiley
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #266 on: October 05, 2010 06:49:45 AM »

Persimmon pudding! That's definitely something I hadn't heard of. Then again, I don't think many persimmons grow around here (Canada)... or maybe they do? I agree with the Starbucks holiday flavours. Although my favourite is a chai tea latte with a shot of pumpkin spice! (I don't like anything vaguely coffee flavoured).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: October 05, 2010 06:56:56 AM »

we, here in my particular area of FL are having particularly unseasonably cool weather  Grin  I am sooooooooooooooo in thee mood!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #268 on: October 05, 2010 07:28:05 AM »

we, here in my particular area of FL are having particularly unseasonably cool weather  Grin  I am sooooooooooooooo in thee mood!
Us too! Tampa's been so downright pleasant the last few days! Craziness to have low humidity and enjoyable weather in early October.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
margiej
« Reply #269 on: October 05, 2010 08:15:18 AM »

I'm in Pensacola and it has been great here too!  Nothing like our normal "fall" weather!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 72 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Autumn Wreath
September 11, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: 30 Minute Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...