A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
184 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 72
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MINI 12 Days of Christmas 2010 (sign ups CLOSED) Send out 12/1  (Read 93668 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
beeker
« Reply #230 on: October 01, 2010 05:09:02 AM »

work is driving me nuts, I need a crafty break, too bad I can't call in sick after I'm already here..... Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Christmas Stocking Swap - crafting Smiley
cursive_queen
« Reply #231 on: October 01, 2010 06:06:39 AM »

Started working on a project, to realize I was short on fabric.  I may improvise.

Has any one used individual iron on rhinestones before? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: October 01, 2010 06:28:31 AM »

work is driving me nuts, I need a crafty break, too bad I can't call in sick after I'm already here..... Tongue

ha, I know what you mean!!!!  I hope to start some swappy christmas crafting this weekend  Smiley  I got a lot of cleaning done around the house yesterday while working from home (a nice perk the office allowed me for putting in such a full & stressful week) so I should be able to do more play than chores this weekend! Grin
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010 06:28:52 AM by murbeck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #233 on: October 01, 2010 07:35:24 AM »

Hubby brought me the ___________ home from his work yesterday.  So, I was able to finish the large item.  So, craft count: 3 finished items.  (1 small, 1 medium & 1 large) I may start another item today.  Not sure though, because im on a harry potter kick and have been doing a lot of harry potter reading lately. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
beeker
« Reply #234 on: October 01, 2010 07:55:55 AM »

Started working on a project, to realize I was short on fabric.  I may improvise.

Has any one used individual iron on rhinestones before? 

One of the ladies in my club was working on detailing for a wedding dress. She was using a special tool to heat each individual rhinestone before placing it. She put the tool point side up in a mug and put a rhine stone on it to heat. Then touched it with a straight pin to pick it up. Then she put it on the dress. She said it gave her more control that just pushing the tool against the fabric like you are supposed to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Christmas Stocking Swap - crafting Smiley
murbeck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: October 01, 2010 08:09:43 AM »

Hubby brought me the ___________ home from his work yesterday.  So, I was able to finish the large item.  So, craft count: 3 finished items.  (1 small, 1 medium & 1 large) I may start another item today.  Not sure though, because im on a harry potter kick and have been doing a lot of harry potter reading lately. Grin

Me Tooooo!  I'm on book 6 right now.  This is my 2nd trip through the series.  I want to finish rereading the whole series before watching the last 2 movies.  Oh, how I can't wait to return to the wizarding world every time I put it down, even though I've read it once already and seen the movies countless times.  Such a fun place to be.  In fact, and this makes my comment on-topic, DH & my Christmas presents to ourselves this year is a trip to Hogwarts Castle at universal studios!!!  We are going to go the week after Christmas, I can't wait!  I've heard its really amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

lindyv321
Cooking Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #236 on: October 01, 2010 09:15:10 AM »

I have a medium and a small completed.  Have fabric cut out for another item that just needs to be sewn together and I started doing some sorting and gathering for my large item. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #237 on: October 01, 2010 09:16:48 AM »

Beeker - Thanks for the info.  It sound like it might require me to buy tools and it  might be sort of tricky.  I was going to try something on jeans for the kiddo and then if it worked well maybe try something for this swap...but it sound intimidating and possibly expensive.

- Murbeck -- So jealous!   I want to go to the Harry Potter world!!!  Hubby's response is a face and "isn't that for little kids?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #238 on: October 01, 2010 09:31:28 AM »

Me Tooooo!  I'm on book 6 right now.  This is my 2nd trip through the series.  I want to finish rereading the whole series before watching the last 2 movies.  Oh, how I can't wait to return to the wizarding world every time I put it down, even though I've read it once already and seen the movies countless times.  Such a fun place to be.  In fact, and this makes my comment on-topic, DH & my Christmas presents to ourselves this year is a trip to Hogwarts Castle at universal studios!!!  We are going to go the week after Christmas, I can't wait!  I've heard its really amazing.

That sounds so awesome getting to see the Hogwarts castle!  I would love to the gryffindor common room.  And Dumbledors office! Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
murbeck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: October 01, 2010 11:08:36 AM »

lol, I don't know how in depth the castle itself is supposed to be, but the town of Hogsmeade is there, butter beer at the Hogs Head, sweets at honeydukes, and stuff like that  Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 72 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!
Meal Prep Monday: Indian-Inspired Savory English Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...