A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
259 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 72
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MINI 12 Days of Christmas 2010 (sign ups CLOSED) Send out 12/1  (Read 93955 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 17, 2010 02:14:33 PM »

I am re-working one of the larger projects, and it looks like it is going to turn out better than what I had planned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius
pinterest.com/artisticgamer
InShambles
« Reply #351 on: October 17, 2010 05:04:47 PM »

I've been working on one of my larges today, I'm so excited about how it's coming along!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist - http://wists.com/InShambles
Art + Music = Happiness
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: October 17, 2010 07:10:46 PM »

Beeker, I saw your topic earlier today- congrats!!!  I never realized quite how much prep work goes into those gourds you make  Shocked  a whole year to wait for drying, holy cow!  I do want to try it out some day, but now I realize it won't be for a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #353 on: October 18, 2010 04:10:37 AM »

Its time again for the required weekly check-in question. 
Please remember that this is required. 
This is a fairly big swap, and I want to make sure everyone is crafting and not going mia. 

Q:  During the holidays there seems to be many Holiday movies and tv episodes.  Share your favorite holiday movie or holiday episode of a tv show.

A:  Im going to go with tv episode.  My favorite holiday episode is the Christmas one of the Big Bang Theory.  Its the one where Penny gives Sheldon napkin with Leonard Nimoy's autograph but, hes excited because his dna is on it too.  (ha ha!) and Sheldons totally speechless and gives penny all these gift baskets and says its still not enough so he gives her a hug.  So, funny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
CleanFeelin

Crafter's Block = My worst enemy

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 18, 2010 06:41:56 AM »

My favorite holiday movie is Love Actually.  I make a point to watch it every Christmas and I still cry at the sad/sappy parts.  But this is the funniest thing about watching the movie - we taped it off the tv, so it's in VHS format, which I am perfectly fine with.  Kind of brings me back to my childhood and watching VHS tapes.

SO I bought a lot of supplies yesterday and I am starting to work on a large, but I think I under estimated what goes into making the large so I will probably need to head back to the store and pick up more stuff.  Oh well ANOTHER trip to Michael's.  (I am not complaining Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
wists.com/CPhelan
Pinterest
pinterest.com/cphelan318/

Current Swaps:
Mini 12 Days of Christmas - Crafting!

Personal Swaps Welcome
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #355 on: October 18, 2010 07:08:45 AM »

I always put It's a Wonderful Life on when I'm decorating my tree. Been a tradition since I was little. I also really love the Garfield Christmas special because it's really surprisingly sweet and I was always a fan of Garfield as a kid. Wink I've got both on DVD.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
cursive_queen
« Reply #356 on: October 18, 2010 08:34:43 AM »

I remember loving the Claymation Christmas special from the 80s.  I actually found it on DVD a few years back and gave it to my twin (I should have gotten a copy for myself).  Another favorite is Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas... I need to remember to watch it this year (my husband, and stepdaughters were like.... what is this?!).  The christmas episodes of shows I already watch are fun too.

I'm still crafting.  Started a large friday.  i"m loving the way it's turning out, but an element of it is taking longer than I thought.  Not hard, just time consuming.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SnapsAndDrangons
Snaps And Dragons

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #357 on: October 18, 2010 08:44:22 AM »

I think my fav holiday movie is the nightmare before christmas. Smiley it is fun to watch and so pretty!

I am crafting away. I have had a change to talk to my partner a bit more which has been nice, now if only the DD would get over the stomach flu i could get a lot more done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pay no attention to me dancing with my girl, we have every intention of being failures in this world.

My Small Wists  http://wists.com/sarahelizroberts
sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: October 18, 2010 08:57:43 AM »

I was never a huge Christmas movie watcher, but I have fond memories of watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas on VHS. Also more contemporary I like the Nightmare before Christmas.

I finally got the energy to tackle one of my larges that seems to be taking forever and got some major work done last night; which is ironic because I am/was starting to get sick and felt like crap. I feel really weak and have no energy now but hopefully it was just a 24 hour bug and I can get back on my feet sooner than later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: October 18, 2010 09:10:58 AM »

fave special is definitely the claymation rudolph, but my tv is pretty much on ABC Family all the time during December.  I love allllll of the cheesy specials and and Disney's too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 72 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"
Meal Prep Monday: Crockpot White Chili with Chicken

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...