A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 311,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
359 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Heart Headbands! Swap  (Read 24740 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Distant_Twilight
Code Monkey

Creativity is creativity. There is nothing like it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2010 08:35:36 PM »

So now that it's been confirmed darthsqurl flaked  Cry  Sad  Angry , I'm going to post a picture of the headband I sent to her.

She wanted something feminine, but quirky. I picked up the craft and supplies at the local dollarama (where your money does go a far way!)

The green satin string criss crosses to the other side of the headband.

I included some glue, and googly eyes to make it quirky!  

I hope she at least enjoys it, because it was my first one done, and probably my favourite one to make.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010 05:06:54 AM by Distant_Twilight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist!!- http://www.wists.com/Distant_Twilight
Will not be returning to craftster until I can get my anxiety under control. Thank you for all the supportive people I have met here!
starcakes57

only way to craft, with a great dane in your lap

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2010 09:43:17 PM »

okay so i see that two of my partners have not posted pics of there headbands, if you have not recieved my package please let me know so i can replace what must have gotten lost in the mail. if you have recieved my package but havent posted pictures please let me know so i dont have to worrie about it. thanks

I've got your headband. I'll be posting a picture tomorrow.

fphew!! thank you for responding i was starting to get worried!! and i guess my other partner flaked so im all squared away! although i was really proud of the one i made for darthsquarl i didnt take a pic, i know lots of nerdy people who whould have loved it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosyposie
« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2010 05:37:42 AM »

I'm wondering whether to post pics of the ones Rosyposie received, because she said she had been told she'd received but couldn't collect them for a few days....so i don't know if she's seen them yet Tongue

I have just opened them yesterday and they are absolutely wonderful.  A little squished in the mail but no worries.  I am so excited to wear them. 

I am in the process of unpacking so if you could post images for everyone else to see that would be amazing. 

Thanks again. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Distant_Twilight
Code Monkey

Creativity is creativity. There is nothing like it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2010 11:23:26 AM »

Ok, so here is the headband starcakes57 sent me!

(Thank you Anthony aka loving boyfriend for model-tastic pictures!!)

And a close up of the flower

In the middle, it's the wolf that Cloud has in Final Fantasy VII Advent Child!!!

I love it, and my programming class has commented on it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist!!- http://www.wists.com/Distant_Twilight
Will not be returning to craftster until I can get my anxiety under control. Thank you for all the supportive people I have met here!
patchworkdragon
« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2010 04:14:10 PM »

I got my two international headbands over the weekend while I was away at a con, so here's the pictures now:

from purringcat is a cute band with Japanese (?) bunnies, that will go great with jeans.  It's cleverly done with a button and elastic loop in back, giving it just enough stretch to be comfortable

and from laddyb88 a wider kerchief style in a sparkly floral print; I love the glitter, and it fits perfectly with covered elastic strap in back.

Thanks so much, both of you.  They both wear well and hide my horrible hairline perfectly.

I hope the ones I send you arrive ok, especially since I messed up and sent you each others  Undecided  Thanks again for fixing my mistake and swapping them to the right person

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Community Swaps:
Dotees: stalking and planning
purringcat
« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2010 05:05:38 PM »

I'm glad you liked it! I've never made a fabric headband before, and didn't have any stretchy material, so I figured the button+loop would make it a bit stretchier and be easy enough to do up behind your head Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldsheepbowl
« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2010 05:25:01 PM »

Right, now i know it's safe and Rosyposie has seen my headbands, here is what i sent her Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

athena394
« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2010 12:44:26 PM »

I received from ladyBB8 and purringcat!

From purringcat I got a cute science headband!

So cute! Thanks a lot!

From ladyBB8 I got a lovely lace covered headband!

Pretty!

Thanks a lot ladies! Smiley <3
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010 12:46:14 PM by athena394 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

purringcat
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2010 05:54:03 PM »

I received my last two headbands yesterday, from LaddyB88 and patchworkdragon. Unfortunately, I don't know who made what, because the note inside didn't say.

Thanks girls, I love them both - especially the one with the netting - so unusual!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patchworkdragon
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2010 09:59:41 AM »

Unfortunately, I don't know who made what, because the note inside didn't say.

The first one with the leather and tulle bow was from me.  glad you liked it.  I did send a note originally but what with me stupidly sending yours to laddyb88 and hers to you I guess it didn't make it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010 10:48:01 AM by patchworkdragon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Community Swaps:
Dotees: stalking and planning
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Curtain Rods
Tute Tuesday: Fold Out ATC
I'm Meltingggg!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...