A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,577
Currently Running With Scissors:
122 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bunny Hoodie - Some Questions 9/25  (Read 1894 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Aida
« on: August 28, 2010 06:54:29 PM »

Alright! I'm trying to make this: http://bit.ly/c8Ms74  but with crochet. I've found some patterns that I'm gonna modify/wing with, I know the final product isn't going to be a lot like it, (http://bit.ly/bKOO6W and maybe this hacked into it some how http://bit.ly/dCaHCp )

My Questions are:
1) what is some nice really soft yarn to use,
2) what would be the best ways to do/attach the ears?  I have done some searching, but not finding anything that was helpful.
3) Pockets. My friend has this hoodie, but I haven't had a chance to thoroughly inspect it yet. From the picture, it looks like it's a single pocket that does across the front, is there a good way to do that, or would any sort of fake notion of a mess I come up with work for it?

4) sleeves! I made the sleeves and body of the hoodie separately, and now need some way to attach them. I had stopped to about where I want the sleeves on the body of it. Best way to attach them? Did I screw up badly already?

Cheesy thanks~ You all always are the most helpful bestest
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010 10:13:58 PM by Aida » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thimbles71
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010 11:27:05 AM »

I've found the softest yarn is often baby wool.  But, for washability, I'd probably go with Merino Cashmere - those are easy to wash.

To attach the ears and the pocket, I would handsew them with yarn and a yarn needle.

It's super cute!  I'd love to see the end result.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010 12:00:58 PM »

I seen that hoodie online before and totally love it.  Ive been contemplating making one too.  But, Im making mine in fleece fabric.  Sure it wont have the exact same look.  But, to me its just easier for me to make in in fleece fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
Aida
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010 06:35:14 PM »

Update on the project: I got past the waist band, and working on the body right now. I might not have made it wide enough, but i had already used up an entire ball of yarn on it. It still fit, just a bit snug from the one my friend has. I imagine it'll stretch out, so I'm not worried about it. T

he next challenge I face is trying to make the sleeves. I had started from the bottom and working my way up. The sleeves I plan on making separately, and attaching them some how, but I'm not sure on how to make the curves for it on the body. My crazy idea is after i have the sleeves done, attach it in by making the chest area. going back and forth across the back or front, and adding it in that way.

I still need to figure out the hood.

Any suggestions/tutorials on how to do the sleeves?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aida
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010 10:16:56 PM »

wha? Nobody has attached separate sleeves before? Should I try to make the curve of the sleeve (although I have the sleeve like an even tube, it doesnt have much of a curve along the seam) or do I go and create the chest area while attaching the sleeve?

Please help... this is going to turn into a mess otherwise ;-;
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Collapsible Tier Tray
Well, Hello (Art)Dolly!
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...