A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,765
Currently Running With Scissors:
211 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Star Wars Embroidered Quilt! *image heavy...  (Read 71751 times)
Tags for this thread: star_wars , yoda , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
roxy nova
« on: May 17, 2005 01:19:32 PM »

hello all! as you'll probably be able to tell, i was greatly inspired by craftsurge's post https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=1839.0 on star wars inspired embroidery. i promptly created 2 pillows for my boyfriend as his new housewarming gift. one was the same tie fighter, the other was an x-wing. here's a picture of it, not quite done:

anyway after that, i decided to make one for me, except it turned into FIVE BIG panels for me and i didn't know what to do with them. so here is what i decided to do...i had an old empire strikes back sheet, found some great coordinating fabric and VOILA! a quilt fit for any nerd...and just in time for Episode III!!! i still need to do the binding on it, which is just going to be plain and black, but i was just toooooo excited and had to share with everyone. now, i know the finished product is a quilt, but the quilting took me about a week and the embroidery took me about 2 months, and that's really what the focus of the overall thing is about, so in case you're wondering, that's why i posted in embroidery. enjoy!

and here's a close up of yoda, so you can kinda see the machine quilting i did all over (except on top of the embroidery stitching):

so that's that. i wish i had a better camera 'cause i think it looks alot better in person. the colors just don't pop off the black in the picture like they do in real life. but oh well, hope you like it.
thanks for lookin'!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I heard my mom say to her girlfriend, 'Any guy with feathered hair is *foxy*.'" --Bill Haverchuck
poppet
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005 01:29:29 PM »

oh my god! I mean...oh my force be with you! Amazing!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: "Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment." -- Dorothy Parker

http://poppetprojects.blogspot.com
Mary Bell
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005 02:06:23 PM »

That is absolutely stunning - and yes just in time for Episode III...

I was going to start a pillow here soon and had considered the yoda image you used and the vader close-up you used but am doing something entirely different...so I have a question - how did you transfer it to black material so that you could see it to embroider...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pamplemousse
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005 02:12:08 PM »

Wow! That's fantastic! I've been meaning to do some Star Wars embroidery too and your quilt has motivated me.

I am jealous of your Empire Stikes Back bedsheet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm covered in bees!
stoliedina
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005 02:15:00 PM »

Wow that must have been A-LOT of work. Props to you, it looks wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
roxy nova
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005 02:17:00 PM »

how did you transfer it to black material so that you could see it to embroider...

thanks! actually all i did was get some white transfer paper (it comes in packages at the fabric store) and i used double sided tape to stick it to my pattern. then i used regular tape to put it on the fabric (don't want it shimmy-ing around, you know) and traced it with the non-brush end of a little paintbrush. it was pretty easy, some of them just took alot more time to trace. hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I heard my mom say to her girlfriend, 'Any guy with feathered hair is *foxy*.'" --Bill Haverchuck
worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005 03:06:12 PM »

That is AMAZING!!! So well done! I love it! We have my husband's set of empire sheets & I was thinking of making them into a quilt. I love your embroidery! It is really awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
btlgrl
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005 05:14:38 PM »

THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!  Truly!  You did an awesome job!

CJ
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cowgirl

I get lazy sometimes...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005 05:40:04 PM »

that is so awesome! you did a great job! i love all the star wars embroidery (and you're so lucky to have a sheet!), especially yoda (my friends think its wierd that I love him!)! hahaha. i just remembered my valentine card i made back in february and posted...

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=23090.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bespectacled
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005 06:10:04 PM »

That's incredible! I love it Grin Great job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Autumn Wreath
September 11, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: 30 Minute Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...