A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
211 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Granny-A-Day SEPT - starting 9/1 - 9/30/2010  (Read 22827 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
nfirehazzard

Purple monkey dishwashers!!!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2010 09:56:19 AM »

I'm all done! Just finished the border last night. I'm a bit sad to see that no one else has posted progress shots, I hope all of you are doing well... I really enjoyed doing this one, and now it will be my own personal lapghan. Now back to the yarn wall to pick out the colors for my log cabin! Yay!

Close up of the border, that I made up...lol
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010 09:57:41 AM by nfirehazzard » THIS ROCKS   Logged
deceptive.fragileness
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2010 04:15:03 PM »

Looks great nfirehazzard! I am... wayy behind on mine. Maybe 180 squares out of the 350. Been busy with school and the boy's birthday party planning, cooking, etc. Probably gonna pull an all-nighter tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all
Redostrike
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2010 01:06:52 PM »

Bad bad bad bad bad me. Well sort off. I havent done any squares for a while now (can't even remember when i did my last one).  I have been ill a bit, then i needed to work on a project (fast) for someones birthday. And now i have this new videogame which is taking alot of my time. I'm gonna try and get back to some squares in October i hope cause i think i wont do anymore till i have some gaming time spend :p.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommycrochets
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2010 02:21:43 PM »

I am yet again making a granny shawl, I thought I'd put it up for a later date when finished and let it find a home but it was claimed as a lap blanket when it's finished by my SIL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2010 12:40:37 PM »

nfirehazzard, your blanket came out gorgeous! And, I love the way you did the border!

For me, the month of September has been a bit of a blur, with getting back to school. I think things are slowing down, so I may be able to get back on track in October...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
whileitsraining
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2010 03:12:10 PM »

hmm for some reason I stopped receiving notices for this thread! I finished my baby blanket and it is being happily snuggled by my housemate's nephew.  She sent me a picture of him with it, but I cannot figure out how to get the picture off of my phone Sad Planning out my next granny project for the October crochet along
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2010 09:12:56 PM »

Ooooooooo!  Nfirehazzard...lovin' the border on the Hexie-ghan!! =]  very nice!!! And I like to see all the pics people post, too!!  I've been mia...family and the old home needing attention...*sigh* can't wait till we sell that old place!!

As for progress...last 20 squares are going to be finished in white this week.  The layout and stacking is next.  I'm hopin' for an October finish on that project!  I've also got the lost and found granny squares to make in October...AnD...a new project to keep destashing!!  I'll have a pic up tomorrow in the Oct. thread.

Here is my attempt at the hexie motifs and the joining I've not ever tried...and will be making one of these in November-hopfully!! ;]
The joining seems a bit difficult, especially when you get more and more motifs put together...Huh  Does it get more difficult?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2010 10:54:12 AM »

I just got a link to download a FREE granny Ebook! I thought I'd share.

http://www.allfreecrochet.com/Granny-Square-Afghans/How-to-Crochet-Granny-Squares-9-Free-Crochet-Afghan-Patterns-eBook#
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nfirehazzard

Purple monkey dishwashers!!!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2010 07:08:53 PM »

@Kittymom13 Thanks! I love your color choices for the hexagon pattern! The best way that I find to join them as I go along, is to hold the wrong sides together, that way when you do a slip stitch, its almost as if the other hex is not even there (but of course you want to make sure ur putting the hook through the other hex as well). Its not as awkward and it gets the same effect... I hope this helps. *smiles*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2010 08:05:05 AM »

Nfirehazzard...I believe I will just have to wait until November and give the old college try then!!  I've definitely got enough on my plate for now!!  =]  And your suggested borders book is in my cart for purchase on Friday...whooohooo!  It seems like a lot of book for the money!

I'm late in getting my pic in the October thread...so I'll have to get to that asap...then to the sewing machine for the day...yikes!! =]

keep stitchin' and grinnin'...then pic n post!!!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...