A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The last Unicorn  (Read 8674 times)
Tags for this thread: unicorn  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
pennydreadfull

Craft or Die \m/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010 09:50:35 AM »

this is amazing!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters - Francisco Goya

Always willing to do personal swaps!
http://pinterest.com/jamietoohey/
Instagram - jamietoohey
xRaikou
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010 11:11:33 AM »

omg!! that's amazing!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010 01:45:47 PM »

I'm in awe of the shaping already - and then it's even poseable! Wow, this is really beautiful and your skills are amazing! Looking forward to see more of your work here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
binxpup
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010 06:12:45 PM »

speechless - well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LunaR
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010 01:28:02 PM »

Thanks for all the praise, I'm happy I finally shared here something I made. In other communities things get lost or overlooked sometimes.

beautiful! i hope you do the red bull and the harpey eagle too!!!! i love that movie sooo much! and the book!

I don't know if I'll try them, I made the unicorn for a contest and I have ideas of my own I'd love to make. But I have always liked the bull, who knows?

Holy unicorn! That is amazing. I've really never seen anything like this done in crochet. It's really more of a sculpture than a doll. Thank you for sharing. Your pictures are great!!

My photographer boyfriend actually told me they sucked. Not as harshly, but I love my pictures anyway. I'm glad you liked them!
I waas going to submit it to the sculpture category, but crochet is a craft after all and I think the most suitable category.

I'm in awe of the shaping already - and then it's even poseable! Wow, this is really beautiful and your skills are amazing! Looking forward to see more of your work here!

I wanted to make her more delicate and lifelike, so a regular amigurumi style wasn't going to work. So I got the idea of a wire frame, and I love the outcome Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
curiosity
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010 04:16:09 PM »

I really like this. You did a wonderful job with it, LunaR. I look forward to seeing the pattern and the dragon. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't let the world bring you down. Not everyone here is that @#$%^& up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive experience the warmth before you grow old." - Incubus, 'The Warmth'.
EssHaych
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010 05:48:58 PM »

Lovely work! Cheesy I love that it's poseable! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Free crochet patterns available on my craft site! http://www.esshaych.com

I have an Etsy! www.esshaych.etsy.com
waterbaby
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010 12:05:25 PM »

Lovely -- the shaping and musculature are so well done, and even more impressive is how you made it capable of being posed!

PS -- Your pictures are good, too, so tell the photographer boyfriend that when he can design and create something similar to your unicorn, craft it as well as you did, AND snap imaginative photos, then he can comment...but only in a nice way...and only if it's constructive....and maybe not even out loud....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LunaR
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010 05:48:46 PM »

Thank you everyone!
waterbaby, I did tell him I liked the pictures. Even if he didn't think they were good, I'm proud of them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2018 05:50:59 PM »

Wow! You acheived such an incredible degree of detail on this crocheted unicorn. Again, wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever the question, the answer is always CRAFTING! It's the fix for all the sicks. Makes me feel better every time.

and remember, ALWAYS USE THE GOOD BEADS, YARN, FABRIC!

Love you all, thank you so much for everything. XO
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...