A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 314,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
191 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: gee...once I start - I just cannot stop!  (Read 6335 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

pucchimaiko

gimme vegemite

View Profile WWW
« on: May 15, 2005 04:16:01 PM »

Talk about obsessive!  Ever since I came back from my break from making tsumami kanzashi, I've been making them like a mad woman!  I'm sure people are getting sick of them by now ;P  I do have to say though, I'm particuarly fond of the butterfly :]  I should have photographed it not on it's side  D=  duh!

I think I need to move on and make some bags or something for a couple of weeks...

« Last Edit: May 29, 2005 04:50:08 PM by pucchimaiko » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PUCHI MAIKO STORE NOW OPEN!! - Unique Kimono Fabric Kanzashi, Fashion Accessories, Chirimen Zaiku and Craft Supplies inspired by the Traditional Arts and Culture of the Japanese Geisha, Maiko and Kimono.
starpiste
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005 04:28:13 PM »

Wow, these are so pretty. I can see why you'd want to keep making them.

Do they have anything on the backs of them or is it just the flower? Like a pin or clip or something.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pucchimaiko

gimme vegemite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005 04:32:11 PM »

At the moment - it is just the flower with a cardboard base that has been covered with cute paper - I let my customers or friends choose what type of fastening they want - various hairclips or a brooch back - then I attach their fastening of choice to the cardboard.  I've found it is better to give people the freedom of what they want :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PUCHI MAIKO STORE NOW OPEN!! - Unique Kimono Fabric Kanzashi, Fashion Accessories, Chirimen Zaiku and Craft Supplies inspired by the Traditional Arts and Culture of the Japanese Geisha, Maiko and Kimono.
joeyjojo666

Long Live Godzilla.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005 05:08:57 PM »

Wow, you don't make me feel so bad about my obsessive compulsiveness. Thank you for sharing these incredible flowers!! I am just blown away at the detail and care you put into making these. I will look forward to further posts from you girl.

-Joey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my latest stuff visit my Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=727

Also featured at:
http://www.ilikeseamonsters.com/catalog/
amelia bedelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005 10:58:14 AM »

wow those are absolutely beautiful! are they quite easy to make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damn it feels good to be a gangster
elleshellmo
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005 12:09:22 PM »

is there any way you could post a tutorial or post a link to one?  They are really beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
boingo82
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005 09:41:06 PM »

I too want a tut. Those are so beautiful!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snlfreak83
Hemp Kitty Art

The Crafty Cat Lady

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005 10:15:56 PM »

You should so post a tutorial. Those are so pretty. I get like that sometimes when I first learn how to make something. I make them alllllllllllllllllll the time until I get sick of doing it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a crafty kid. I just can't help myself.
madamefancypants
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005 02:13:02 AM »

ohh they are sooo cute!!
not to mention perfect little petals

when i start getting some $$ i may have to purchase!

you talented thang you Smiley Grin
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005 02:14:52 AM by madamefancypants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pucchimaiko

gimme vegemite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005 07:43:32 AM »

joeyjojo666 - Ha!  I guess I could say I'm pretty obsessive compulsive with my crafts - an unreasonable perfectionist!  I'm surprised I get anything done being like that sometimes :]  And thank you for your kind words - it means a lot coming from someone who makes the most awesome needle felted skulls!

amelia bedelia - Thank you!  Hm, yes and no.  Learning - it can be extremely frustrating and sometimes you just feel like giving up...but I love tsumami kanzashi enough to deal with that frustration :]  Time and patience is the real key to getting nice looking flowers.

elleshellmo, boingo82, snlfreak83 - Thank you all for your kind words!  If you do a search on Craftster for "kanzashi" - you'll find a bunch of posts with tutorials for a similar version, along with lots of good information :]

madamefancypants - I have to say - I love your username!  It makes me giggle ;]  Thank you for your kind words also - I wish I could think of my petals being perfect - but boy, I've still got a long way to go to reach perfect, if, at all :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Pipe Cleaner Mouse
December 13, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Holiday Lantern

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...