A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,635
Currently Running With Scissors:
292 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: metal star that you hammer into place?  (Read 899 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
« on: June 26, 2010 04:28:26 AM »

A few weeks ago I bought a leather bracelety cuff thing and it has this metal star attached to it. I've been thinking that I'd like some of these stars to attach to stuff. 
So it was this star with a metal post on the back of it and to attach it I'm pretty sure she made a hole, stuck it through and hammered the back of it (I guess it has a lip or something) flat and hey-presto all done.
So my question is what is this star thing called? I've searched for studs but I get those stars with little pricky bits on each of the points that look like they might not last very long. I've tried searching for "metal star hammer the back of" and shockingly enough didn't give me what I need.
Any help would be appreciated! thanks
hello color!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010 11:02:00 AM »

Sounds like a rivet.
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified
Offline Offline

Posts: 2409
Joined: 20-Jun-2007

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010 08:03:35 AM »

i am thinking upholstery nail

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010 05:25:28 PM »

I'm thinking something like a grommet, but those are usually hollow circles.  I would try searching grommet, brad, or maybe even eyelet.

my photography website  http://www.ambersteele.com

Be true to yourself and you will never fall. -Beastie Boys
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Fail Fudge
Feed Your Pie Hole
Ah, fall!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2017, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.