A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
211 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cross Front Summer Dress - Butterick 5319  (Read 1578 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Strangefeldt
« on: July 25, 2010 11:15:13 AM »

Busted out a new pattern last week - Butterick 5319. I've seen a few other posts here with this pattern, and they turned out super cute.

It has a gathered cross front bodice with wide waistband, on a gathered skirt. Side seam pockets, and an invisible side zipper, too.

I'd never used a Butterick pattern before, and I guessed a bit too big on the sizing. And unfortunately with the way the construction of the bodice went, I couldn't really judge the size until it was all put together.

I feel a little frumpy in it actually, with the extra room around the waist, and it being a higher neckline than I am used to wearing.

Here's the best pic I have right now - sorry for the low lighting, our house is way dark all the time (I'll try to get some shots in the sunshine soon):

Comments always welcome, and thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ranchelmarie
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010 11:45:32 AM »

I don't think it's frumpy at all, I really like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010 01:39:57 PM »

Aw, it's definitely not a frumpus dress! It's really cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

green r my tear$
I Praise GOD for my TALENT$ and MOTIVATION!!

U R ONLY LIMITED BY UR IMAGINATION!! SO IMAGE...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010 01:53:41 PM »

FYI make any clothing out of muslin before using your choice of fabric for the garment.  By doing this you can make any adjustment and make the garment a size bigger to allow for the adjustments.  As when you make or purchase anything you can adjust the garment.  I had to adjust a skirt I made Friday.  It was too small so I added strips of fabric on the side to accomodate my curves. I have a suggestion take the dress in on the side then the dress you be less frumpy!! I will actually complaint your figure.  GOOD LUCK!!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
Strangefeldt
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010 06:11:55 AM »

Thanks for the nice words, guys. I'm feeling better about the dress the more I wear it, less frump-ish.

FYI make any clothing out of muslin before using your choice of fabric for the garment.  By doing this you can make any adjustment and make the garment a size bigger to allow for the adjustments.  As when you make or purchase anything you can adjust the garment.  I had to adjust a skirt I made Friday.  It was too small so I added strips of fabric on the side to accomodate my curves. I have a suggestion take the dress in on the side then the dress you be less frumpy!! I will actually complaint your figure.  GOOD LUCK!!! Wink

And thanks for the advice - I do a muslin for most of my projects, just skipped out on this one. And I could take the side in at some point, but it's fully lined, which would be a pain to have to redo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...