A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,617
Currently Running With Scissors:
178 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hippy Swap Round 4 - Gallery of Hippy Happiness!  (Read 43774 times)
Tags for this thread: hippie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

GryffinMaus

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2010 05:23:37 PM »

LOVE the color!!!  What an awesome package!!!  Love the button art and that tie dye cloth!!  Worth the wait!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennilocker
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2010 06:36:14 PM »

After much fear that her package was lost since the DC# failed to update Margiej received my package!  She can't post pics so I'll do it for her. Cheesy

2 record bowls...cause all hippies love records!

Peace sign art that came out less legible than I had planned Tongue

A pair of altered pants that I made into shorts with batik trim and peace and love sign appliques.

An altered journal with the same batik fabric as the shorts

And a "your partner can't sew as good as you make your own skirt kit", a butterfly clock, and a little bag w/ candies
THIS ROCKS   Logged

riffsrevenge
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2010 06:51:47 PM »

I received from humboldtcherry and I cannot believe what awesome goodies i got!!!!

an awesome hippie hat!

https://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=380083&ppuser=112909
two book marks (one was already given to a co worker because he kept dog earring his pages, and since i was raised by a librarian, I hate that), really really cool patches (did you make these?? cause that makes them even moooooree awesome.. need something to put them on.. maybe jeans), and a card wallet (the inside of the hippie hat was this fabric too and I reallly love it it reminds me of beatles yellow submarine for some reason)

peace sign shopping tote  Grin

really awesome purse with one strap, so its like a back pack... *squee* I love this.. its been my purse since i got it. I soooooo love it, also it really reminds me of a hookah bag cept my hookah is too big for it lolz  so a purse it must be

and finally.. my favorites together:

same purse pictured above and a sooo soo cool mushroom pouch, the outside lines are zippers!!!! My bf wanted to know if you made the mushroom or just the pouch and if you made the mushroom if you could show me how to make one...

Thankkkkkk yooooouuu I'm sorry that I posted these pictures soooo late after i got the package... i heart it soo much.  I also hope my package will arrive soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2010 07:29:48 PM »

Thank You Jenni!  It was a great package, all stuff I will enjoy using so much.  The green fabric is especially pretty, the colors are varied in it.  Will be really pretty when I get it finished.  This was such a fun swap, everyones packages are so great and interesting!  I've gotten a ton of good ideas just from our gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2010 07:32:41 PM »

Love the "faded" peace sign tote bag! It's all great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
humboldtcherry

Marching to the beat of a different accordion

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2010 07:34:41 PM »

I made all the patches!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2010 11:54:35 PM »

I love the zippy patch and all the appliqu! There were some very cool packages there, the tie dye is amazing, Sapph, did you dye that yourself? I also love the batik fabric! The peacock picture is very sweet...actually, I love it all!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2010 07:30:30 AM »

Sorry, folks, I can't take credit for the peacock felt art or tye dye anything.  I 'bought' the felt art off of sheepBlue in the Shop the Swap SPECIFICALLY to give to flyffybaka after looking at her wists and seeing that EXACT item on there!  So that is the original creator.  As for that tye dye fabric piece, it is a bandana, though I took the tag off already in plans to wear it.  It came from the first hippie swap from AlwaysInpsired, but I never wore it, so I figured it would due with some hippie luvin' from another home Smiley

And I do have some photos I took of the items before they left, I'll put them up right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

GryffinMaus

« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2010 07:37:55 AM »

I love all the peace signs!!! And the record bowls!!  I have been using the word 'love' a lot in this gallery...seems appropriate I guess  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2010 07:49:37 AM »

Here's my pictures of the package I sent to flyffybaka Smiley

Batik dress.  I showed her a picture of some fabrics I had pulled out that I thought would make for nice clothing items, and this one was her absolute fave!  It's ?batiked? rayon in oranges and yellows on dark, dark brown.  The material is actually brushed and has a teeny herringbone pattern in it too!  

Here's the same dress I made for me from the same pattern albeit a MUCH larger size!  LOL!

A rockin' batik skirt!  I made this from an old dress I got from the thrift store by cutting off the shirt section.  This was a VERY wide dress, this is one HALF of the bottom skirt part of the dress, I still have the other half and plan to make me an apron top or something out of it...I also have the dress top that will be made into a grocery tote.

Closeup of the bracelet.  A slightly smaller version of the large cluster bracelets I wear, as fluffy is way thinner than me so a HUGE chunky bracelet would look out of place...at least, that was my thinking on it Smiley  Still loaded with beads and charms, just on a smaller scale!

Cluster shot of the smaller items.  I didn't take shots of the jewelry pieces out of the bags, sorry Sad  And that Sneaky McSneakster already took the items off her wists!!  Well, the items that WERE on her list that I sent were: stretchy heart peace sign bracelet, butterfly wing resin necklace, peacock wall art by sheepBlue, and actually both the mushroom button art AND cluster bracelet were wist-inspired by the tree button wall art I first did when I started button art and a large green cluster bracelet from the last Loaded Charm Bracelet swap.

Oh, I did find the peacock still wisted Smiley
http://www.wists.com/fluffybaka/26babdb03f0fb9ddc6e919244301f423?offset=40

Better take that off too, fluffy, else you could get a duplicate!  LOL!

I had a tough time with a couple of my shots, namely with the mushroom button art, so I don't have a better pic of it, but now we have others of the other fab items.

I'm off to finish coffee cup #2 and then pics will be taken of my package and posted!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...