A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
188 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~TWO TINY THINGS FAVE BAND SWAP GALLERY!!!~  (Read 11921 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
titaniumhip
Titaniumhip Sews

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010 09:21:32 PM »

Hello ladies!

According to some tracking numbers, some packages have been received...don't forget to let me know when you do get your lovely pressies so I can leave feedback.

Also don't forget to post pictures so that we can all covet!!

x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Coma
Magic Finding-Lady

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010 11:51:05 AM »

I received from Aidenromantic last night and I got spoiled! I seriously hope she likes her package half as much as I love mine!!
The first item I received is a tote featuring my favourite line from a Nine Inch Nails song. I agree Aidenromantic, there was nothing you could have added that would have made this more awesome than it already is! I am going to use it when i run to the store today Smiley

The second item absolutely blew my mind! It is an amazing band/artist related scrapbook that features not one of the bands from my list but all five!
It included things like song lyrics:

This happens to be probably my favourite song ever:)
Comics & interviews featuring the bands:

And a gazillion beautiful photos!

There have to be about seventy pages of stuff in this book!! I stopped counting at 50!
There is still room at the back for me to add more stuff which is awesome because I am a music addict and narrowing it down to 5 bands was soo hard so I can put things in about other bands I like too!
Thank you soo much Aidenromantic! I love it! Can't imagine how long it took you to find all that stuff! I hope you get your package soon!! (I know I am going nuts with exclamation points but I am a little excited! Hehe)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aidenromantic
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010 11:35:40 AM »

I'm so glad you like it Coma. Smiley And I'm glad it got there already. I received yesterday, I just didn't get home until midnight and was so exhausted by the time I got home. I just recognized your name and that it was from Canada so I knew it was from you. I need to PM Titaniumhip and let her know that I got it, which I'll do right now. And when I get home today I shall open the package and post pictures. I'm excited to see what is inside.

I got overly happy with each band, lol So there's 80 tiny pictures of each band except Fiona Apple, there's I think 20 of her, because there weren't many different ones I could find. Then there's 4 large pictures of each. So theres 56 pages of the tiny pictures alone. Smiley I had so much fun with it, so I'm glad that you liked it. It took longer to cut them all out than anything. My hand hurt for a week after I was done. lol. But since it made you happy, it was worth it. I'm glad I got to be your first swap partner and that it turned out successful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Working on getting my overdue swaps out after life got in the way.
sweet_aya

will write music for food

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010 11:55:19 AM »

that's a lovely package! i wonder what Aidenromantic got. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aidenromantic
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010 05:35:25 PM »

Well, my package from Coma is here. It was her first swap and I got the honor of being her first partner. She sent me an awesome package. I love both of my items.

As you can tell from my name, I love the band Aiden a lot. Well:

First up we have a handmade Aiden rubber stamp. The detail is amazing.

I just got really into rubber stamping, so this is pretty amazing. I wish I knew how to make one!

Up next we have a really cool Aiden notebook.

Here's the front:

The inside cover:

Then the bookmark:

And my name in the back:

I love them both. I'll probably use the notebook to house my Aiden memorabilia, such as guitar picks and autographed album covers and stuff. Thanks a bunch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Working on getting my overdue swaps out after life got in the way.
titaniumhip
Titaniumhip Sews

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010 09:19:52 AM »

Hi there ladies....I am putting a call out for angels for the following crafters who alas seem to have partners that have flaked: Crazyalien8 and Moonraven...there is a potential that we may need a THIRD angel.

Moonraven, can you please send me your questionaire and I can quickly go about solving this!

Hopefully soon we can get this swap back on track.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cxcaitlyn
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010 12:47:17 PM »

Since my partner is apparently in the process of deleting her account, and because my tracking number tells me that she's had it for almost two weeks, I'm posting pictures of what I sent her.

The first is a bracelet inspired by her favorite lyric by Regina Spektor: "We counted up our feelings and divided that up even, and called that calculation perfect love."

I used pages from an old math notebook I'd used and decoupaged that along with the quote to make this:

Her favorite band is Weezer, and because she requested functional items for her first semester in college, I made this pencil pouch using the logo and the band members:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

titaniumhip
Titaniumhip Sews

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2010 02:05:53 PM »

Wow!
I LOVE the pencil case!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Coma
Magic Finding-Lady

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2010 10:58:43 PM »

Me too. That pencilcase is pretty awesome! You picked the perfect images to embroider.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010 09:48:33 PM »

I got my package from Sweet_Aya today!  After a 7 hour drive in hot weather with no air conditioning it was just what I needed to feel refreshed!  She figured out my subtle hints about They Might Be Giants being my favo band ( I entered them 2 times in the questionare).  and everything is AWSOME!

The needle book is from lyrics for Birdhouse In Your Soul "Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet"  and since I have 2 bee tattoos it is even cooler!

The 2 adorable crochetted monsters are very familiar...but I can't quite place them.  I'm pretty sure they are from Cyclops Rocks...But from a video I can't find now?  I just love them that's for sure!  Where did you find the images Sweet Aya?  It's driving me batty LOL.

The teas are vanilla, honey and cacao (cocoa in english I believe).  I'm looking forward to trying them.  She also sent the felt all the stuff is laying on.  It;s a great color (same as the hat for the needle book)

Thanks for everything Sweet_Aya.  I love it all! (and your a better crocheter then I am heheh)  And thanks to boo_zombie and titaniumhip for organizing this super fun swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dryer Sheets
August 14, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Patchwork Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...