A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,934
Currently Running With Scissors:
331 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first ever Autograph books - Princess and Pirate Mickey (Disney)  (Read 9042 times)
Tags for this thread: disney , autograph , book  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 11, 2010 04:34:11 PM »

I made these for the Ongoing Wish Swap. Being a HUGE Disney fan myself, when I saw a request on a list for autograph books for the requester's two kids for their upcoming vacation in Disneyland, I thought I'd go outside my normal comfort zone and give it a go.

She wanted them to be a minimum of 4x6 so they could hold autographs AND photos. I found these spiral-bound sketch pads that were about 8x6 at the craft store and chose them as my base. The girl loves all things girly, pink, Princess and Ariel especially. The boy loves pirates and more "boy" themes.

Here's both finished:

I made the Princess one first. I used scrapbook paper as a base, then layered different color card stock, using various stamp paint on the edges as well as patterned scissors, rubber stamps, 3D stickers, puffy stickers, glitter paint and ribbon. There are two types of ribbon tied in through the spiral bound - both pink and sparkly!

The main sticker is Princess Ariel - her favorite.  Grin

Every other page I also used my Cinderella Castle hole punch (that I had purchased at WDW!) in the bottom right corner:

The boy's one I made in the same style. Didn't want one kid being jealous of the other's layout so I figured I'd make them both very similar, just different themes. Again, a cool, antique map looking scrapbook paper started it, then card stock, stamp ink, pattern scissors, 3D stickers, rubber stamps, ribbon, etc. This one used two types of brown ribbon just on the top and bottom so it was still decorated but not as over the top as the girl's.

The main sticker I used is one of Pirate Mickey swinging in on a piece of rope.

The pages on this one were stamped with Mickey Ear hole punch (also from WDW) and I also brushed my brown ink pad on the outside edges of the pages to make it look more weathered.

I had SO MUCH FUN making these. I'd never done anything quite like this before and they looked so awesome when they were done. The photos don't do them justice. Honestly, in person, there's even more obvious colors and dimension.

My claimee LOVED them and can't wait to use them in her upcoming trip. I hope they all enjoy them and the memories from them for years to come! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011 10:51:30 PM »

I love these Phoenix!  Grin Now I want to make my own  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011 07:04:27 AM »

Thanks! They were really fun to make. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011 02:57:53 PM »

I bet! I am so glad there are nice scrapbooking supplies for us crafters/disney fanatics. If they ever took them away I think there would be a mob much like in B&tB at their merchandising headquarters.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding
Thankful DIY

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...