A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,879
Currently Running With Scissors:
308 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Sketchbook Project Craftalong 2010  (Read 193019 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1210 on: January 09, 2011 08:50:11 PM »

Love the pages Rae, especially the chicken foot houses. I may be biased though, since there's one in my book too! Cheesy

GoatGoddess, I love all the depth and texture that your pages have! Gel transfers always have such a neat effect. Smiley

Here are some of my most recent pages. If you remember from waaaaaay back when, towards the beginning of the thread my book started out with a girl falling asleep and 'waking up' to a peaceful dream where she's feeding birds. But as is the case with nightmares, things go badly quickly. If you want to see them, you can refresh your memory by checking my flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danniquee/sets/72157624637113572/

Anywho, here are the newer pages that finish out that nightmare. As it's the first of the night and she isn't deep asleep yet, it is sketchy and shifty and a bit washed out. The next ones will be more vibrant and detailed. Smiley

I have one spread to go to wrap up the second nightmare and 20 more spreads after that to finish the book. I'll be busy painting and drawing the next few days for sure. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1211 on: January 09, 2011 09:11:03 PM »

I'm glad I waited to start on mine until I had a really good idea in mind, but I wish I'd started earlier than I had. >_<;;;

Anyways, I have a complaint that I need to post....

MY FREAKING INKING PEN IS DYING AND MY OTHER ONE IS TOO AND I CANT FIND MY OTHERS!!!!!!! FML

However, my art is coming out surprisingly well in my opinion, but I'm not sure if I like the way I designed Luxion, I had such a different image in my mind, but I couldn't properly sketch it out, so I redid him in a fashion I could do, but I'm not sure how well I like it... I'll post pictures of this page as well as the previous one soon so you can see what I mean.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #1212 on: January 09, 2011 10:51:31 PM »

DanniQuee your nightmare sequence is awesome! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!

I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art..."  Vladimir Nabok
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #1213 on: January 09, 2011 11:24:25 PM »

o___O That is freaking AMAZING!!!!!

---

Also, 10pgs down. 70 to go LOL
Has anyone else noticed that the last 40-60pgs are perforated pages and can be easily removed??? o_O Me: Wtf, why are these perforated?! *examines* Oh well, it'll make it easier when I finish Cheesy <3

I've been sketching like a mad woman. What I'm going to do is sketch out a ton of pages, use school time to add details and ink, and then go from there XP I can do iiiit! Especially if I get lucky and have snow days Tuesday and Wednesday Grin
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011 11:27:26 PM by Fullmoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged
DawnsTrees
« Reply #1214 on: January 10, 2011 12:43:35 AM »

DanniQuee - your pages are great! I love the last one where she is sitting up in bed - I really recognize that feeling of waking up from a nightmare!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
Ffrogg526
Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

« Reply #1215 on: January 10, 2011 02:24:28 AM »

Danni - your pages are wonderful!  Hey - maybe we'll be able to see each other in Atlanta when the tour comes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan

Flowers in full bloom do not last forever!

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: January 10, 2011 06:29:32 AM »

I wonder if it's okay for me to pick my own theme? Or am I missing the point in that way? I wanted to dedicate a sketchbook to a musical camp I followed but with sketches and lyrics and such... or is that more something for the Altered journal a-long... *hasn't got the slightest clue*
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011 06:34:41 AM by Riechan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Facebook and Etsyshop
IG
Zero waste in progress
amaryllisroze

Member of the Papercraft Gang

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1217 on: January 10, 2011 07:25:57 AM »

At this point you can't sign up for the project anymore (the due date to send them in is Friday YIKES!!) but that doesn't mean you can't create your own book with your own theme to keep.

I wonder if it's okay for me to pick my own theme? Or am I missing the point in that way? I wanted to dedicate a sketchbook to a musical camp I followed but with sketches and lyrics and such... or is that more something for the Altered journal a-long... *hasn't got the slightest clue*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1218 on: January 10, 2011 04:11:11 PM »

DanniQuee your nightmare sequence is awesome! 

Ditto!

And now I may have nightmares of my own tonight because of it Wink

... but not about finishing my sketchbook... honest! I've got the pages stitched in, and I'm going to slap a piece of fabric over the binding, I think (but not tonight), and I trimmed them so they wouldn't stick out past the edge. I was going to hit the pages with a corner rounding punch, but mine is lame and I didn't want to fight with it, so the heck with that. I realized that I don't have any gray in my watercolor pencil set or in my cheap-o watercolor paint set. So, I came down to find my bin of markers and colored pencils, because I'm pretty sure I have a sweet set of watercolor crayons hiding in there, and I'm pretty sure I have grey, plus a few more colors...

I have to go and make up a few batches of Jell-O for an earthquake experiment tomorrow, and if I have time, I'm starting on my title page tonight. Tomorrow is an IKEA run, and Wednesday is looking like a snowstorm, so I should have the day to work on it... fingers crossed...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Ffrogg526
Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

« Reply #1219 on: January 10, 2011 09:27:01 PM »

DOING A HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!  My book is bound!  To be perfectly honest its not that pretty...  but its BOUND! And the pages are all "done"!  All I have to do is finish decorating the covers! And since we have another snow day tomorrow I'll be doing that tomorrow!  So I'm taking a break, watching Hawaii5-0 on OnDemand and working on some embroidery!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...