A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
254 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Sketchbook Project Craftalong 2010  (Read 193373 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Smmarrt
« Reply #1300 on: January 14, 2011 09:01:12 AM »

Soooo happy to have more than 24 hours to fill those last few blank pages - was just going to fill them tonight with just the words peace, hope and love in different languages but now I can be more creative!

Whoooooooooooohoooooooooo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Junk Journal-along in the Misc. Topics board
Altered Puzzle Pieces coming soon....
Another 4 x 6 Art Swap
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1301 on: January 14, 2011 09:04:13 AM »

Yay! Deadline extention just got better! I am sooo happy since I'm not done Smiley
Glad to know there is no doom xD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #1302 on: January 14, 2011 10:10:53 AM »

Oh, also, I did the bio half asleep too lol, but I was conscious enough to do it correctly
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMadMel

Meh... Just start cutting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1303 on: January 14, 2011 11:34:58 AM »

I started out this project with some big elaborate plan mapped out.  Then 2011 rolled around and my pages were all still blank.  (EEEP!) 
So I thought about it, and how I really wanted to get this accomplished before the deadline, but how?

I had a bit of an epiphany.  I noticed that I have two ways of going about things.  First, I come up with these elaborate plans that never happen, and the second is I don't plan, I just dive in and start doing things, short term planning on the fly, and things actually get done.  As cool as it is to have these elaborate plans, they are too much bitten off to chew.  I am coming to terms with the knowledge that I need to just dive in and make a mess and to hell with plans, if I want to finish making anything.

So, I threw my plans out the window and wondered how to get so many pages done in such little time.  Thinking outside the box, I decided to cut out the middles of all the pages and stick them together.  Considering my theme, I figured adhering most of the pages together should be totally legit.  Then I thought I'd put something in the void in the middle.  Covered the whole thing in paint. Ran string through it to form a sticky web in the page middles.  And I figured "Adhere to Me" needs a touch of romance, so there is a heart stuck in the web on each side, and the whole thing is a drippy looking blood red.  It looks romantic in that stalker kind of way.  It speaks of codependency, drama and pain.  Love isn't adhesion or codependency.  Love isn't dark, painful or heavy.  Codependency is.

Now I'm pretty much done. (WOOOO!!!!)  I just need to seal it with some Dorland's wax, scan it for my records, and mail it in.  Thanks to the deadline extension, I have just enough time to do that.  I'll try to get the pictures posted soon so you can all see what I did. 

Does anyone have any tips or instruction for how to use Dorland's wax to seal acrylic painted pages?  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sketchbook Project 2011 Tour - "Adhere to Me"
A Million Little Pictures - "The Great Adventures of"
"My NEW blog!"
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1304 on: January 14, 2011 01:33:21 PM »

Whoo-hoo on the deadline extension!!! But now, I can't allow myself to procrastinate even further... And, I'm actually not sure if I can make the post office on Tuesday, but I may have an option or two (one involves sneaking out of the after school program a bit early to make the PO by 6:00 and the other involves asking a friend to mail it for me). Did anyone get a DC#? I'm so worried mine is going to get lost in the mail...

MadMel, what a brilliant idea! I can't wait to see it (in pictures and in person).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
amaryllisroze

Member of the Papercraft Gang

« Reply #1305 on: January 14, 2011 01:43:39 PM »

I'm kind of hoping mine will get lost in the mail.  Smiley

Whoo-hoo on the deadline extension!!! But now, I can't allow myself to procrastinate even further... And, I'm actually not sure if I can make the post office on Tuesday, but I may have an option or two (one involves sneaking out of the after school program a bit early to make the PO by 6:00 and the other involves asking a friend to mail it for me). Did anyone get a DC#? I'm so worried mine is going to get lost in the mail...

MadMel, what a brilliant idea! I can't wait to see it (in pictures and in person).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Where is my Cosmo?

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 14, 2011 01:54:43 PM »

I'm kind of hoping mine will get lost in the mail.  Smiley

Shut your mouf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're always welcome to visit my blog.

Long live Craftster!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/craftster/
DawnsTrees
« Reply #1307 on: January 14, 2011 02:02:16 PM »

Oh thank goodness! I had planned on getting very little sleep tonight, but now - I think I am going to take a nap! Wink

I am actually becoming fond of my journal. The pages aren't perfect, and the grand plan that I originally had did not happen, but the pages that I have made in the last couple of days do speak to me in some ways... Once this is over, I actually have the start of another journal brewing in my head. Smiley  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #1308 on: January 14, 2011 03:06:36 PM »

I can't wait to see either Smiley Sounds so neat!!!

I spent my creative writing period and ssr period working on my sketchbook as usual and was beaming excited telling people the deadline was extended xD my friends were like "Huh? Ooooh your sketchhbook"

One of my friends lectured me about procrastinating and I was like "I know tons of people who procrastinated!!! They'll be fine, I will too!!!" Her: ....you guys are odd xD

Now that I'm out of school and at moms office I'll work on it til I can go home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Maimun
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

aka MunLtStmpr

« Reply #1309 on: January 14, 2011 06:10:46 PM »

I actually got my journal into the mail yesterday, so I'm going to go ahead and post it here then catch up with this thread!  The theme is Trading Forever:

cover by MunLtStmpr, on Flickr
When I do a project like this, I avoid looking at works by others also participating.  I'd hate to end up stealing, even if I didn't realize it.

The rest of the book is here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/munltstmpr/sets/72157625693230913/with/5353722968/

I especially like how this page came out:

page14 by MunLtStmpr, on Flickr
"Public and Private"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...