A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
242 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitting + Pets = Test of Patience  (Read 2205 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

LimeRiot
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010 07:46:23 AM »

striker and Rinoa - it sounds like your cats might be distant relatives!

I had a near impossible time last night trying to finish up a swap package. The little ones were in a particularly naughty mood. They were sitting on my lap and watching me knit - then they'd slowly start biting my needles - like they thought I wouldn't notice or something. I'd stop them and then 30 seconds later they would do it again!! They do the same thing with pens when I'm trying to write something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010 08:55:03 AM »

striker and Rinoa - it sounds like your cats might be distant relatives!

I had a near impossible time last night trying to finish up a swap package. The little ones were in a particularly naughty mood. They were sitting on my lap and watching me knit - then they'd slowly start biting my needles - like they thought I wouldn't notice or something. I'd stop them and then 30 seconds later they would do it again!! They do the same thing with pens when I'm trying to write something.

I think they were trying to tell you that they want to learn to knit!!  Cheesy  Since they don't have opposable thumbs, they were trying to use their mouths instead  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010 06:55:16 PM »

my cat Pancake
I have a cat named Waffles! and he likes to take my circular knitting needles out and drag them around the house and play with the cords. He used to try to play with my yarn but I yelled and he stops. He loves to sleep near me when I'm crafting though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rinoa1024
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010 11:05:16 AM »

I have a cat named Waffles!

Hahaha awesome. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010 12:14:44 PM »

I have great danes and dachshunds and they quite literally played out this scene from the old Disney movie, The Ugly Dachshund (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iraBZJ-zvLM) for me today.

Grrrrr. Our doxies love yarn and are jealous of anything I touch or hold that isn't them. This tends to lead to general naughtiness when it comes to my knitting.

I've decided the best way to punish them would be to knit very embarrassing sweaters and hats for them and parade them through the dog park.

Oh, if you knit them clothes please share photos!  I adore dogs in cute or silly outfits!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
obni
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010 02:46:32 AM »

Ha ha, my cat Wendy does the exact same thing with both needles and pens. She also loves batting them when not in use. But I think she prefers to play with the yarn. It seems as though her eyes just light up anytime she sees it. If I get her to finally stop chewing on it or batting at it, she retaliates by plopping her big butt on it.

Oh and she LOVES hair ties. It's such a weird obsession. Luckily none of my five dogs are interested in needles, yarn, or hair ties. I can't even begin to imagine the sort of chaos that would ensue if they all ganged up on me... with Wendy as their ring leader of course.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erdbeerblau
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010 06:21:30 AM »

Ha ha! It's so fun hearing other stories of jealous pets. I'm glad I'm not the only one with naughty fur-kids.

striker - my dogs LOVE my knitting needles too. Especially the bamboo ones.

I honestly don't get it!! They don't make chew toys out of wood (at least I don't think) so what is the fascination with the needles??!! I had some size three bamboo straights that I actually had to file smooth with a nail file, because those damn felines made the wood so rough it was snagging yarn!!

haha.

dogs love wood. that's their most natural toy.
our dogs just get pieces of wood/branches and parts of worn out jeans to play with
they are not too big, but we never had any chew toy that survived for longer than 20 minutes. oh well. at least thats more environmental friendly than plastic toys.

my dog always lick my yarn. she never destroys my stuff, just tortures it with her tongue until everything is wet if she gets the chance to do so  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Designated Cutting Boards
Tute Tuesday: Altered Journal Page
Magic and Luck

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...