A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,836
Currently Running With Scissors:
334 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Evelyn Evelyn Jr (Amanda Palmer/Jason Webley tribute--first doll I ever made!)  (Read 1434 times)
Tags for this thread: doll , reclaimed , sewing , conjoined_twins  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
mcsladek
« on: June 19, 2010 08:39:30 AM »

I'm a huge fan of Amanda Palmer, and her latest musical endeavor is a theatrical concept album about a pair of conjoined twins named Evelyn and Evelyn Neville who grew up on a chicken farm and performed their musical act in a traveling circus, only to be "discovered" by Amanda Palmer and Jason Webley (who dress up as the twins to perform in concert).  Well, they performed in NYC (where I live) last Saturday.  I was soooo excited and decided to make them a little doll to express my gratitude for the hours of entertainment which they have provided me. Smiley 

I've never made a doll before, but luckily I had just seen the Catrina Doll https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=349020.0, which had a pattern I worked from.  I used yarn for the hair instead of the felt bun (figuring out how to sew that in was a challenge within itself) and embroidered the faces.  Since I put this all together Saturday morning/afternoon, I ran out of time on a few things...I wanted to add legs and make a little guitar, and I had to rush a few details...but all in all I had fun and I hope they got a kick out of it when they opened the box. 

Here is a picture of them in action:

Not too shabby for a whim--comments/crit welcome (though I am pretty aware of its weaknesses, bleh).  Thanks for looking! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alchamy513
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010 09:01:43 AM »

I totally knew what this was as soon as I saw the thumbnail! I love Amanda Palmer, you're so lucky you get to see her... I live in the middle of nowhere and she never comes anywhere near here. I'm sure they loved the doll, its too adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010 07:34:10 PM »

They are too cute! I love the expression on their wee faces Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HedwigzInch
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010 12:06:20 PM »

o goodness, a Jason Webley reference on Craftster.  Happy tears.  Thank you...
(and well done!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
when_im_sixty4

Craft Big, Dream Bigger!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010 04:20:19 PM »

I'm not familiar with Palmer/Webley so I'll have to check them out... when I first saw it, I thought of the conjoined twins from HBO's Carnivale! Either way, very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"[crafting] fills my days,
not to mention the living room, bedroom, and closets."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...