A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,890
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Re: New Baby & Pregnant Momma Swap Sign ups 6/15/10 - 6/30/10 Ship 8/15/10  (Read 25555 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
LadybugsAndBumblebees

Ohana, my loves. <3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010 07:36:37 AM »

Smiley  I am not pregnant, nor am I going to take part in this swap (wish I was both, though... Undecided), but when I saw the comments about homemade baby food vs. store bought, I really wanted to share my experience.  My son is 16 years old now, and we had a really old pediatrician for him.  When it was time to start my son on solid food, the pediatrician suggested that we just modify whatever we were eating (i.e.-not too spicy, make it smooth, etc...) and feed it to our son; reasoning that even if I fed my son storebought baby food to begin with, at some point, I would still need to help him learn to eat regular "people" food sooner or later.  Conversely,  I have custody of my two nieces, which came to live with us when they were seven months old, and already on storebought baby food.  It was more convenient as far as when we went out somewhere (i.e.-didn't need to worry about heating up the food), but in the long run it was more expensive and more time consuming (i.e.-trip to the store, running out of food, choosing the food, spending the money on it...).  If I had to do it again, I would just feed another child what we were eating.

As an aside, the "big box" baby stores sell this nifty item where the bottom looks like a pacifier and the top has a mesh "bag" where you can put food in that the baby is too young to eat in it's regular state (i.e.-a wedge of a peach), but when put in the mesh bag, the baby can chew on it, and get safely sized pieces of it thru the small holes in the mesh as he/she chews on it.  I loved that thing, and used it with both my girls (it wasn't available 16 years ago!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl
Personal & etsy Instagram:  http://instagram.com/ladybggrl/

"The time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things...of sailing ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings."
A2JC4life
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010 05:54:54 PM »

I am hoping to sign up, too (expecting baby #3 in late January or early February), but I have to wait for feedback on my first swap, first, which is currently en route.  So hopefully we won't fill up *too* fast. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittychick
My cuddliest craft ever was completed April 22, 2010. Little man Micah Nolan! He's a happy little monkey!

I'm so crafty I make people!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010 08:05:56 PM »

I sent my questionnaire in earlier today. I'm ready, I'm ready, Iiiiiiiii'm ready!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/knittychick

New Baby & Pregnant Moma Swap:

Doctor Who Round 3: crafting
A2JC4life
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010 08:35:34 PM »

Knittychick, your little guy is adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessblueberry
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2010 06:47:00 AM »

I'm in....

Are there any expecting mommies that plan to cloth diaper?  Would you be up for hand-me-downs? 

We are done at 2 kids so I've got CDs to pass on. Have what I bought for my little man who is 2 year plus hand-me-downs from not 1 but 2 mommies and my little girl has started growing out of the premie (hum, ok 3 mommies) & NB...so I'll have plenty of extra padding for the box if my partner can use them.  LOL, 1 fitted with matching pants has been through 2 craftster babies already  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
A2JC4life
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2010 11:39:01 AM »

I would. Wink  We cloth diaper, and most of our diapers seem to have dry-rotted after the first baby (in storage), so by the time baby #2 was done with them, they were really done. lol  They are literally in shreds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

madmommymia
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2010 01:10:12 PM »

YAY for cloth diapering!  Ours have held up and I think baby 1 will be done with them for the most part by the time baby 2 makes his or her arrival!  So excited to hear others are into it as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My friends I am addicted to "crackster".  I think they might be right.
I am interested in personal swaps, just send me a pm!

I love my life, my hubby, my sons, and my 2 crazy dogs!  Isn't life grand?
knittychick
My cuddliest craft ever was completed April 22, 2010. Little man Micah Nolan! He's a happy little monkey!

I'm so crafty I make people!

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2010 06:12:49 PM »

Knittychick, your little guy is adorable!

Thank you so much! He's a little cuddle bug, always loves being held and snuggled, which I love! I can't believe he's already two months. In some ways it feels like he should be older and in some ways it feels like he's too old already!!! He's our first and even though things have been a little rough from time to time he's been a total joy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/knittychick

New Baby & Pregnant Moma Swap:

Doctor Who Round 3: crafting
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010 12:45:31 PM »

Are there any expecting mommies that plan to cloth diaper?  Would you be up for hand-me-downs? 

We are done at 2 kids so I've got CDs to pass on. Have what I bought for my little man who is 2 year plus hand-me-downs from not 1 but 2 mommies and my little girl has started growing out of the premie (hum, ok 3 mommies) & NB...so I'll have plenty of extra padding for the box if my partner can use them.  LOL, 1 fitted with matching pants has been through 2 craftster babies already  Cheesy

I am due in Dec and thinking about switching to cloth.  I have a 2 yo that I am getting close to potty training and am ready to be done with disposables.  I have been starting to do some research and am feeling very overwhelmed with it all.  I want to make most if not all of them to save on costs.  Not sure where to start, there is sooo much info out there! 
I think I wrote a whole essay on this in my sign ups.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
dragonslair
Crafting another baby...... Due Jan. 6th, 2011

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010 03:00:02 PM »

My cloth diapers have been so worth the $300 I paid for them. I love my bamboo diapers unfortunately we no longer have a supplier here anymore and I need a second set for the new baby...

If we had a fabric store nearby I would probably make them but what we call a fabric store in this town thought I was insane when I asked about PUL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WILL SWAP for CLOTH diapers.........

MY LJ
http://crochet-crazy.livejournal.com

My wists
www.wists.com/dragonslair
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Chicken Pot Pie
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...