A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
155 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 1st time amigurumi help?  (Read 1061 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

jen920
« on: June 14, 2010 10:18:58 PM »

Hi there! I'm new to craftster and apparently, a total noob at amigurumi. I'm trying to make an amineko for a friend's birthday, and I'm having trouble with the head. I'm hoping my fellow crochet enthusiasts will be willing to help me out?  Wink

I followed the pattern exactly (http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mite/diagram/crochetedCat.html) and I'm using Red Heart Super Saver yarn and a 5.0 mm crochet hook. based on some googling and such, it seems that other people have been using the same materials. Yet for some reason, the head keeps turning out to be way too flat, sort of too bowl-shaped? I need it to be a little more spherical.

I don't want to alter the pattern too much and according to others, their aminekos turned out fine with this pattern, so I'm concerned that this may be my own fault. Am I doing something blatantly wrong here? Is there anything I can do besides altering the pattern too much?

Thanks a bunch!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Naff Productions
Make things so far out they're in!

You look marvelous

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010 11:47:22 AM »

Have you stuffed it yet?  Sometimes amis look a little different without their stuffing, and then they turn out fine when you stuff them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naff1 (nf)  adj. Chiefly British Slang.
Unstylish, clichd, or outmoded.

naff2 (nf)  intr.v. Chiefly British Slang. naffed, naffing, naffs
To fool around or go about: naffing about in a tutu (Suzanne Lowry).
Wayuki
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010 10:09:13 AM »

If you post a picture of what you have so far, it'll be easier to tell what the problem might be.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fringey
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010 01:47:29 PM »

Most ami head patterns are constructed more as a cylinder than a sphere. The stuffing, though, can make it look rounder and less cylinder-like. Have you finished the piece yet? I find that my body parts often look weird while I am making them, but stuffing can disguise all sorts of weirdness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around
Meatless Monday: Cinnamon Pecan Scones

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...