A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is super awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 314,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
308 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Handmade Rubber Stamp Swap 3 (SIGNUP 5/29/10 - 6/24/10 ; MAIL BY 7/21/10) CLOSED  (Read 39328 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

astrangeone
The Paper Alchemist

Fueled by the scent of rubber shavings....

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2010 10:23:10 AM »

Yeah, I've been carving erasers for a while - and I need to get into the habit of carving the pink stuff again.  I like the erasers I bought yesterday - massive things they are, but good.

I hope you have more time and inspiration, jexxican!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I handcarve stamps, knit and have organic catnip.

Personal Swapping...activated!

Looking for:  ATCs, some dry non-sanded grout mix

Got a 3DS?  I can clear save data from your games!  (Including RE Mercs 3D.)
WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2010 05:42:00 PM »

My partners are nto very stalk-able and that makes finding inspiration for this swap rather difficult. And on top of that, I ordered the wrong materials so the only thing I have to carve is erasers so when I do get inspiration, it ends up not working for small stamps. *sigh* I knew I should have held off. All will be well, though, eventually, before the SO date I'm sure. I have what, 10 days?

I was looking at other people's profiles as part of this swap and realized that so many people are so much more stalk-able than I am! lol  I thought about it at the time, so just in case you were talking about me (since I'm in your group, lol), here's a little bigger list than I made in my original swap survey (Yeah, I'm a swapping newbie; didn't quite get detailed enough Wink :

Here's some more things I like: Cute cartoonish animals, Dr. Seuss books, big bug-eyed things (like big-eyed frogs), bubblegum machines, Christmas stuff (not-religious, but like candles and stockings and snowflakes and tree ornaments).  Hope that helps!  Smiley

Sorry about the materials!  That's just disappointing and frustrating!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010 08:57:25 PM by WideEyedLife » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2010 07:37:27 AM »

Oh, I got carving yesterday. I think I ended up with about 12 stamps so I think I'm good. Thanks for that little bit of inspiration though. I'm sure we'll be in another swap together, it's destiny. I will be ready to send Wednesday! Now if I can just find the stuff I'm sending to my siblings to get them out that day too... I am going to have fun as the PO this week, I love telling the people what's in my swap packages. "You did what with yarn?!?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Tadiera
Heroic-Leigh

Superhero With No Powers or Motivation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2010 10:37:48 AM »

I still haven't been able to buy supplies. Argh. Tues or Weds, hopefully.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Site: http://www.heroic-leigh.com
Wist: http://wists.com/tadiera
Pintrest: http://www.pintrest.com/tadiera
Note for partners: I have gauged ears, so classic earrings don't really work for me. Smiley
astrangeone
The Paper Alchemist

Fueled by the scent of rubber shavings....

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2010 12:20:44 PM »

Just sent off to my partners.  I'd send DC's if needed - I can't keep which ones are which.  (Just did a mass mailing - *sigh*...my erasers didn't qualify for "lettermail" - freaking expensive Canada Post!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I handcarve stamps, knit and have organic catnip.

Personal Swapping...activated!

Looking for:  ATCs, some dry non-sanded grout mix

Got a 3DS?  I can clear save data from your games!  (Including RE Mercs 3D.)
mizuhana
« Reply #175 on: July 12, 2010 12:24:47 PM »

Just sent off to my partners.  I'd send DC's if needed - I can't keep which ones are which.  (Just did a mass mailing - *sigh*...my erasers didn't qualify for "lettermail" - freaking expensive Canada Post!)

Woo! I am almost finished the second of your stamps but then I started a third one. I expect to ship them on Wednesday. I hear your pain, can't understand why our postal system is so expensive considering we don't have Saturday delivery. I think my other package of stamps just barely qualified as letter mail, that's certainly one advantage to not mounting them eh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2010 12:30:54 PM »

Woo! I am almost finished the second of your stamps but then I started a third one. I expect to ship them on Wednesday. I hear your pain, can't understand why our postal system is so expensive considering we don't have Saturday delivery. I think my other package of stamps just barely qualified as letter mail, that's certainly one advantage to not mounting them eh!

Well I guess your post office isn't hemorrhaging money the way ours is Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puzzler
« Reply #177 on: July 12, 2010 01:30:37 PM »

HI all! 

I thought I would check in.  I am done carving and ready to send, so my packages should be going out tomorrow or Wednesday.  Everything is ready!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tadiera
Heroic-Leigh

Superhero With No Powers or Motivation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: July 12, 2010 01:35:11 PM »

Money has been ridiculous here lately. ;.; Husband is not happy, but. I need to buy the supplies for this swap so I can swiftly carve out stamps for my partners. ;.; I'll be doing that tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Site: http://www.heroic-leigh.com
Wist: http://wists.com/tadiera
Pintrest: http://www.pintrest.com/tadiera
Note for partners: I have gauged ears, so classic earrings don't really work for me. Smiley
jexxican
« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2010 05:19:29 PM »

All boxed up and ready to go! Sending Wednesday! Pretty good considering yesterday I was fretting that I hadn't even made 1 yet.... I've made lots since then!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: The Un-Meatball
@Home This Weekend: Plastic Bottle Lanterns
October 17, 2018 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...