A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and encouraged! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 314,797
Currently Running With Scissors:
360 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Martini Tote Bag Revamp  (Read 1311 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Germanica

Martha Stewart powers - ACTIVATE!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 18, 2010 09:06:28 PM »

I got a free tote bag at a dog event. I was about to toss it in the trunk of my car to use as a reusable shopping bag until I noticed that the bag had a mesh water bottle pocket on the side. This would be perfect for my dog's water bottle when we're out and about. Yes, my dog has his own water bottle with a dog dish attached. He's a little guy and public water bowls are too tall for him or haven't been changed in so long they have their own ecosystem growing in them. Don't judge.  Cool

I didn't want to be a walking advertisement for the sponsor printed on the side of the bag. I grabbed some black fabric from my stash and appliqued a martini on it because martini's are very festive. And easy to draw freehand. I embroidered "Cheers" on it too.

I sewed the pocket on over the logo. Now I have a pocket to stash dog treats to reward my pup for good behavior or when he does a trick for a cute kid.

To make the tote a bit more functional for my needs, I used more black fabric to make and sew a pocket inside the bag for my keys and phone.

I put a toy in the pocket so you can see it a little better.

I took a pretty nice free tote and turned it into a hardworking dog mommy bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Condo Blues http://condo-blues.blogspot.com/ Green living, crafts, decor and dogs from the Frugal Green DIY Diva.

Lazy Budget Chef http://lazybudgetchef.blogspot.com Real food, real quick, for real budgets

Follow me on Twitter! @condoblues
ecuadoriana
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010 06:32:15 AM »

Lucky Doggie!!! That's a great idea to cover up the advertising on the the free tote bags! That never occurred to me! I always just end up donating them to the shopping bag recycle box at our local food co op.

The martini glass is cute and now I bet you'll come up with a million more ideas for those tote bags!

I like that you have the water bottle and bowl for your wee babe! I do the same thing when I take my little Fuzzy Ferret out for her walks! (and don't I get the strange looks!!!)

Smiley    Smiley    Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Cupcake Bath Bombs
Rainy Days
Meatless Monday: Semlor aka Swedish Cream Buns

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...