A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 319,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
226 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Let's see your sewing machine!!  (Read 320407 times)
Tags for this thread: sewing_machine  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Jesllo
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2007 04:04:32 PM »

I've got a Bernina 1006.  I bought it new in 1993 for just under a grand.  I was between my Junior and Senior year in highschool and I'd saved most of my money from working part time at Cloth World (now JoAnn's).  My friends all thought I was nuts for spending that much money on a sewing machine when I could've had a car or a down payment on a car.  I'm sooooo glad I got it then, when I didn't need to buy anything else.  It would've been YEARS before I could afford one that nice again.  I've saved soooo much money with that machine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ranchelmarie
« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2007 08:32:05 PM »

this is my machine. i don't like it. it doesn't have a name because it doesn't deserve one. I usually just call it "dammit" or POS.

please excuse the gigantic mess surrounding the beast.
it's a White Quilt 'N Sew 1730. It gets the job done, begrudgingly. It has a horrible attitude. For example, I tried using a different thread than I normally do, and I couldn't get it work for the life of me, the thread kept breaking, and it wasn't a cheap or bad thread, either.
I plan to buy a new machine as soon as I can afford one. I'm really hoping for a Bernina, but they're so expensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

supermedic
SUPERMEDIC

Live Love Laugh But Laugh the Most

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2007 06:44:23 PM »

a few weeks ago my hubby and i went bargain hunting at a local Restore store (habitat for humanity resale shop--if you have one in your area you should really check it out--great bargains)  anyway, we have been looking for an old singer sewing machine for years and lo and behold we turned the corner and there it sat--we checked it over and seemed to be in pretty good shape to I asked my hubby how much???  we looked around and in a minute he said $25 turned and then said 1/2 off.  I said $25 or 1/2 off $25???  a sales lady came up and said 1/2 off the 25 so we grabbed it and ran up to the counter soo fast (well, as fast as we could go with an old featherweight--lol.  Soo anyhow, heres the pics of our find--it still needs a power cord, and bobbin cover but that is all I can see missing?  anyone see anything else thats missing?Huh?  and anyone know where I can get these parts?Huh

Oh yeah, I also got the feet for another $6 and the repair card in it had a phone number Broadway 1-3419--how awesome is this find?Huh ( i know--no one under 40 probably even understands the cool #)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007 07:59:52 PM by supermedic » THIS ROCKS   Logged
wealhtheow
if this isn't nice, what is?

ting-a-ling, you bastards!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2007 06:52:04 PM »

Something cool: We have the exact same cabinet! :-) 
Power cords are pretty generic.  You should be able to McGyver any power cord/pedal to fit your machine.  I actually found a Singer 'pedal' for my Necchi so it would fit in the little   slot for the knee pedal.  I got it at a thrift store after haggling with the manager about 'only' taking the pedal for the full price of the machine.  You might do well to check out a used sewing machine shop, as they might actually have a bunch on hand they're willing to get rid of. PM me if you're interested in more Singer feet for the cost of shipping :-).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeltwaySpinner

Living the Dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #224 on: July 31, 2007 10:11:18 PM »

the repair card in it had a phone number Broadway 1-3419--how awesome is this find?Huh ( i know--no one under 40 probably even understands the cool #)
This under-40 watched a lot of I Love Lucy reruns - so I have heard it before. Cheesy

Congrats on your find!  I have seen a few from time to time - but never that cheap.  My grandmother had the foot pedal version. Old Singers are really beautiful.

Good luck getting it up and running.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeltwaySpinner

Living the Dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #225 on: July 31, 2007 10:15:55 PM »

http://www.allbrands.com/images/products_main/M_17940_.jpg

This is my little beauty.  Just got her this month.  My first ever sewing machine!

Who can resist Hello Kitty? and it is such a pretty seafoam green.

She does everything I need her to do and I love it!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007 10:18:46 AM by kategirl - Reason: Please do not hotlink to an image that you do not own » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mub
« Reply #226 on: August 01, 2007 02:26:25 AM »

This is my machine.  I moved to The Netherlands in March and couldn't bring my other machine (Viking somewhere in the 6000 series... awesome machine) with me due to weight restrictions so I was kinda bummed out.  But hark!  I found this on Queen's Day (the whole city turned into a flea market basically) and snatched it up for 30 euro.  It only does a straight stitch, but I found a zig zag foot that works, and I have an old singer buttonhole foot that should just snap on also.  It's a Husqvarna CL-8 that we think is either late 50's or early 60's.  There wasn't a date anywhere in the manual or on the machine though, so we're just making an educated guess =)

Everything

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007 11:19:45 AM by mub » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mubeimmik.livejournal.com

http://monkeycat.etsy.com
mattbot
cut till your fingers bleed

life is like doing time for crimes i didnt commit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: August 01, 2007 09:14:22 AM »

this my brother, technically my blood brother (cue rim shot), i have three other machines but this is my favorite, i will try to take photos of all of them together...

meanwhile here are some interesting facts on my machine (pulled from the brother page)

The CS-8150 computerized sewing machine includes 119 built-in stitches, a one-step automatic buttonholer, a convenient touch-pad operation panel and several other features that will simplify and embellish your sewing projects. This unit also features Brother's newly developed quick-load thread system with a cartridge-based threading capability that will change your sewing world.

i got this on clearance for super cheap like only 250 i think it was
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pickled_peppers
« Reply #228 on: August 01, 2007 11:57:26 AM »

This is my current machine, a Singer 4530.  I've had it since about 1992.  Nothing special but it gets the job done.
https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/0Singer_4530.JPG
Here's my older Singer 4525. I don't know how long I've had it.....it's been in the attic for ages and just got dug out Grin

Haven't used it much yet. But I have plans....
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010 01:46:40 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Open to personal swaps Cheesy

My Etsy ... www.nutsaboutcrochet13.etsy.com

Follow me on Tumblr for all of my crochet projects!
http://whenidreamidreaminyarn.tumblr.com
TheFeltedOwl
« Reply #229 on: August 02, 2007 04:29:12 PM »

Mine   Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...