A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
190 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bugs bugs bugs  (Read 1879 times)
Tags for this thread: quilt , bug  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
kmb007
« on: April 26, 2010 03:37:29 PM »

So it's been a busy couple weeks.  I finished the Kaleidescope last week and over the weekend I finished the bug quilt.  It's from an Ikea bed spread cover my mother bought my daughter for a kids bed, but she never used it b/c she went from her crib to a full size bed.  I fussy cut the bugs and squared them with brights and then sashed them with a cream.  Once the top was done I didn't have anyone to give it to, until I got an email from a friend who's daughter is having her first communion this weekend.  Voila, instant recipient.  I love this quilt and I am glad it will have a good home.  My daughter felt she needed another quilt.  I think I've made her 4 or 5.  I'm kind of addicted to the whole fabric stash and quilting for no reason!

Anyway, here it is.  Comment always welcome!

The front:

The back:

Close up of bugs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trilogy Edibles - For the Love of Treats - Custom Desserts and Wedding Cakes! @ http://www.trilogyedibles.com/
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010 04:33:28 PM »

very cute.....it came out great.....I think I have the duvet cover in the same fabric
THIS ROCKS   Logged

athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010 05:13:19 PM »

Very happy!  And I'm totally a sucker for pieced bindings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
suereal
Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010 05:15:24 PM »

Cute!  Nice choice of colors.. I know what you mean about "what do I do with it now?" quilting and other crafting.  There is nothing like feeling under appreciated when you where up nights finishing your (personally, at least) obe JAY d'uh ART.  I have recently channeled some of that energy into making dog/and other animal blankets for shelters.  I tell people that animals are so much more appreciative then humans, but the humans at the shelters have been nothing but delighted when I have dropped off a bunch.  And I'm doing it with fabric no one wants so I get to feel all puffed up about being Recyclady-y (just trying to mess with the spell checkers mind).  Join a local quilt guild and you will be swamped in polyester and other small bits...well, no guaranty..it just happened to me that way.

I applaud your quilting for no reason (*polite clapping for awhile*)..reasons will pop up for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
sgriffen
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010 07:13:56 PM »

Very cute and an ingenious way to re-use. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shari
For the Little Doll in Your Life http://centralnjemilyroseathome.blogspot.com/
AshtonagoL
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010 07:46:49 AM »

Really cute!  What a great gift!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...