A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
227 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hello Betty Stacked Coin Quilts  (Read 2501 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Just Plain Goose
« on: April 26, 2010 10:35:10 AM »

I started these two quilts a little while back using two charm packs of Moda's Hello Betty fabric, and I finally got around to finishing both of them.

This one is the Older Sister quilt, made using the girlier fabrics in the line.  It's backed with a yellow and white polka dot fabric, and the binding is just a generic pink cotton.

The second quilt is the Little Brother.  It's a good deal smaller than the first one because I ended up leaving out all of the fabrics in the red colorway (I just couldn't get them to look right in there).

Here's a close-up of some of the fabrics (and of my first-ish attempt at free-motion).

I haven't decided yet if I should give these quilts to charity or hang on to them until my friends start having kids (EVERYONE is getting married this year, so it's only a matter of time until babies enter the picture...) - keeping them seems so selfish, but it's so hard to let go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Weez
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010 11:07:21 AM »

Those are both gorgeous! I love the colors in the Little Brother. I wish I could quilt....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a deathly affinity for the cute!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/weezypeezy
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010 12:27:09 PM »

oh, keep them! (unless you'd like me to keep them for you Wink)

When babies you know start arriving, you can reassess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010 05:10:39 PM »

LOVELY!  My friend made a quilt out of these prints too and I loved it also.  These are such awesome fabrics and the coin quilt was a great choice.  I also adore the quilting.  Keep for your friends to have babies is my vote Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
chimes
the chimenator

the chimenator

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010 07:00:25 AM »

these are awesome! You should probably hang on to them.  I love Hello Betty. It's one of my favorite lines. Smiley Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Padester
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010 08:29:45 AM »

I vote you keep them for baby gifts!  It's so totally NOT selfish to keep them to give away later!  It will just ensure that you don't go crazy later trying to make nice gifts for the new wee ones!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...