A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
NOVEMBER NEWS: Did you vote for the best DIY costume yet?
Total Members: 314,809
Currently Running With Scissors:
289 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Noodles??  (Read 2894 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Kamithina
« on: May 06, 2005 07:06:41 AM »

Does anyone have any good noodle-type recipes that don't involve cheese?  My husband and my son won't eat noodles with cheese.  Thanks!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
ash_a007
Save the Sea Turtles

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005 07:24:58 AM »

Pesto is great!  It has this taste like no other and you can add lots of things to it.  You can also make a lot of other sauses, variations of marninaras with different herbs and spices.  Is there a specific kind of noodles like rice, soba, or just the basics and also specific shape.  Longer variations work best with pesto and different marinaras generally although if they are chunky, lots of veggies then shorter bulky ones are best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

\          /     |***    -----|       /\      | \    |
   \     /       |***    |  --       /-- \    |   \  |
     \ /         |****  |----|     /     \   |    \ |
GloryB
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I have a sewing machine, and I know how to use it

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005 08:49:12 AM »

My family likes noodles tossed with butter and sour cream with parsley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kamithina
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005 08:53:43 AM »

Ooo, that kind of sounds good! (the butter and sour cream)

I've never had pesto before.  Is there any kind of taste you can compare it to for me?  Thanks for the help!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
ash_a007
Save the Sea Turtles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005 08:59:20 AM »

UM, HAVE YOU EVER HAD PINENUTS?  IT HAS ALMOST A PINE TASTE BUT WITH BASIL SALT AND OIL THATS THE GENERAL GIST OF WHAT PEST IS ACTUALLY. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

\          /     |***    -----|       /\      | \    |
   \     /       |***    |  --       /-- \    |   \  |
     \ /         |****  |----|     /     \   |    \ |
afianto
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005 09:06:29 AM »

Puttenesca sauce!  It's one of my favourites and is really easy.  It's essentially tomatoes, olives, capers and anchovies.  Yum.  Lots of recipes on the internet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pibbgirl
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005 09:08:16 AM »

Me and my roommate in college always ate noodles tossed with butter or margarine and a little salt for flavor.  This way you can sprinkle some shredded or parmesan cheese on top of yours if you like cheese!  My sister always dumps a jar of alfrado sauce on her noodles, which is a nice quick alternative to noodles and cheese too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melitami
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005 10:07:47 AM »

When I want a break from spaghetti sauce, I put basil and garlic pepper on mine, usually with some parmesan or shredded cheddar cheese (well, rice cheese because I don't do dairy or soy), but I've left the cheese off sometimes as well.  Experiment with some spice combinations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Squara
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005 12:09:50 PM »

I don't particularly care for cheese either, so I can sympathize with your husband and son!

Along with the puttenesca that someone else mentioned (which is also excellent over polenta, btw), one of my favorite noodle dressings is minced garlic sauteed just for a bit in some olive oil and butter. "Hot Naked" is what one restaurant called it. It's delish!

Oh, I JUST remembered one of the dishes I used to live on when I was in college: spaghetti tossed with a can of Ro-tel! It's spicy, but a nice change of pace from Italian style sauces. And it's cheap to boot! I don't remember exactly, but I think I drained the Ro-tel first--it can be pretty watery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KimberlyPye
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005 12:16:31 PM »

Watch out; this is wierd:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE ketchup on macaroni.  Mmmm!!!

Try it before you bash it!

Also, when I was living at home, my mom used to make plain macaroni so we could put whatever we wanted on it.  We had seasoned salt, cajun spices, american cheese slices, parmesan cheese, italian seasoning, oregano, you name it.  I ALWAYS put ketchup and seasoned salt on mine.  :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
November 14, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cupcake Bath Bombs
Rainy Days

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...